Lt. Commander
# 11
02-03-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kant_Lavar
I posted it in my in-game review, but I figured I could drop a note here, as well.

You may want to consider putting something in the conversation option button about which option relates to which mission. I found it kind of hard to tell just by what was in there. Other than that, pure awesome.
thanks, i saw that suggestion. it was a good idea and i have already added it.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
Me again

Title: The Temple of the Pah-Wraiths
Author: Captain_Revo
Project ID: ST-HHR3559A
Faction: Fed
Level: 41+
Estimated Mission Length: 45 minutes
Method of Report Delivery: Forum post

This is the direct sequel to 'The Worst Of All Worlds'. It is highly advisable that you play that mission first if not done so just to get the back story.

May still be in the review stage when you get to it. Any feedback would be welcome.

Hope you enjoy it.
Federation Mission - The Temple of the Pah-Wraiths
Author: Captain_Revo
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HHR3559A

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This mission is outstanding from start to finish. Your map design is some of the best Iíve seen. Some are simple yet elegant and others are complex yet elegant. They complement each other throughout the story as a whole. The battles are tough but very well balanced and not over done. The story dialog is outstanding and flows from one story point to the next with no effort required keeping up with the story. You drew me in and kept me interested throughout. You did use the response button "Continue" a couple of times but the usage was appropriate for the dialog. The only thing I might suggest is a "Skip Dialog" button in a few spots, but it is not required.

I would highly recommend this mission to every Federation player who likes a great story combined with excellent maps and tough but balanced battles. This is a mission you will love to play. So click the "Hail" button already and then "Accept" the mission.

Below are some things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a very intriguing description. It makes the player want to click the "Hail" button. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialog: The initial grant mission and post "Accept" mission dialog are both excellent. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog.

Mission Task: This task is excellent with a clear start location for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
The Wormhole: This is a nice simple map design. The story dialog is great. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

The Denorios Belt: The map design is very well done. The story dialog is very intriguing. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Deep Space Where?: This is a great map design. The story dialog is outstanding and the optional battles are a good touch. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map. I noted one item to consider changing:
-The "Map Transfer" dialog; consider changing "we would not stand much change against the Borg" to read "we would not stand much chance against the Borg".

Terok Nor: This is a excellent map design. To coin a phrase "I love what youíve done with the place". The story dialog is outstanding and drives the story forward. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Lower Level: The map design is outstanding and the battles are well balanced. The story dialog is very well done. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Assimilated Core: This map design is outstanding with tough but good battles. The story dialog is very detailed and excellent. I noted no issues with the map. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-The post "Enter the Core" dialog; consider changing "We had better disabling that scanning beam" to read "We had better disable that scanning beam".
-Consider changing the response button "chroniton radiation is fatal to them" to read "Chroniton radiation is fatal to them".
-Consider changing "They believed it, they belived me" to read "They believed it, they believed me".

Mouth of the Wormhole: The map design was excellent. The battles were outstanding. The story dialog was also outstanding and very compelling. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Celestial Temple: The map is a nice simple design. The story dialog is outstanding and an excellent wrap to the story so far. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

DS9: This map is a good wrap up to the entire story. The story dialog is outstanding and obviously has left room for you to do even more with it. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. This was an absolute pleasure to play/review. Keep up the great work, as I donít think that would be a stretch for you.
Brian

This critique report also filed 02/05/2012 on forum posting for: In depth mission reports upon request.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Awesome, thanks again. really glad you liked it and ive cleaned up those errors. Cheers.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
Awesome, thanks again. really glad you liked it and ive cleaned up those errors. Cheers.
Glad I could help. It is a great mission. Thanks for authoring,
Brian
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-07-2012, 03:44 AM
I have had to withdraw. There is a major bug on the DS9 map that leta space show through on the second level. Ill put it back up when cryptic fix it (hopefully they can)

I suggest anyone with a DS9 promenade map checks theirs. Its almost certainly suffering from the same problem.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-16-2012, 11:26 AM
The temple of the pah-wraiths is back up and running after cryptic fixed the map.

If anyone encounters any other problems please let me know but it should all be working fine now.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-23-2012, 01:35 AM
I just learned this mission does not work too well in big teams. Some of the battles become overwhelming with large teams and it also affects the bridge officer pop ups.

So best to avoid in teams larger than 2 people.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-26-2012, 03:45 AM
Very nice follow up. Gripping from start to finish.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-19-2012, 02:08 AM
Just played it and I like it very much. I can't wait until a folow up.