Lt. Commander
# 1 Best retrofit to get?
05-17-2012, 02:03 PM
My KDF toons are nearing BG and I'm wondering what I should get for endgame. My two characters are engineer and tactical. So it's between the B'Rel retrofit which I love the look of (miss that ship from Tier 1!) or the Bortasqu or however you spell it! Does the battle cloak work well? Which variant should I buy for the flagship?

Thoughts? Been quite a while since I played KDF but had some renewed interest in it lately .
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Both fun ships imo. Bortasqu is very BEAST on dps and tanking, but the B'rell is just straight fun.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-17-2012, 03:43 PM
The Brel Retrofit is exactly what warduke said, straight up fun. Best turn rate in the game is awesome too

The Bortasqu'? I like the ship but I find the Negh'var much more enjoyable. Unline the Odyssey, the Bortasqu' doesn't outshine almost every cruiser on the faction, the Negh'var and even the Vor'cha Retrofit have their advantages. Negh'var and Vor'cha have the best Cruiser turn rate of them all (because they are awesome Battle Cruisers) and have basically the same stats and boff layout as Fed Cruisers, plus they can equip dual cannons. I have personally found the Negh'var very awesome for survivability and to do plenty of damage (I prefer it over the Vor'cha because I like the Negh'var more anyways :p).

The Bortasqu' does have its advantages though. The special consoles for a start, more DPS than the Odyssey but it is still more of a support ship than a front-line ship, Negh'var's and Vor'cha's tend to be the latter.

In the end, its up to you which one you pefer based on your playstyle, but I'd recommend the Negh'var and Vor'cha BG Battle Cruisers to any KDF Engineer any day.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-17-2012, 03:54 PM
If you do buy the BortaSqu, I recommend the Command varient (the one wioth 2 sci console slots) because it has built in Sensor Analysis. If you buy the package, fly it and put all the consoles on it to gain Tactical Readiness.
With the right gear and BO setup, the BortaSqu is a beast of a tank and can still dish out good damage.
I have 2 Engineers in one.
As far as the Brel, it's an extremly agile ships, no question, but requires a completely different playstyle over a cruiser or most ships in general gue to it's very weak hull strength. Remain under fire for very long and you're toast. If you're under direct fire by anything bigger than a shuttle and you use the battle cloak, it's suicide. You must only cloak when you're NOT being shot at.
Whatever suits you likes best...
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-17-2012, 06:05 PM
I love my b'rel retrofit. There really is no other ship like it, not even the hegh'ta.

I think it is best in the hands of sci or tac, however. And if you don't want to take advantage of the cloak, you need to use the hegh'ta if you want a bop. The b'rel is a bad hegh'ta, and vice versa..

Can't comment on others...
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-19-2012, 04:07 AM
Quote:
If you do buy the BortaSqu, I recommend the Command varient (the one wioth 2 sci console slots) because it has built in Sensor Analysis.
Where does this come from? (it is the second or third time I read this.) But nether I found that on my Bortasqu Command nor does the Sto.wiki tell anything about it.
Lt. Commander