Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
02-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
The biggest let down is the differences between the free bridges and the c-store KDF bridges are a big let down because its like someone dropped a droplet of paint and then deemed worthy of being c-store product to sell Not to mention so dark it might as well be a cave LOL
The biggest let down for me is the following:

Even with release we got several bridges that were CLOSE to the originals on fed side (the old defaint variants, the galaxy-like, the Intrepit)
We later got rather inimportant but relativly close bridges like the prometheus...
Now we got 2 prety awsome "deluxe" bridges + interior.

But for KDF ships, there is ONE bridge that has been used in the series again and again.
The Hegh'ta (kurns ship), the Rotarran, the Chi'tang, Changs bop, the okorona (Klaas ship), even all ships in enterprise have used the same bridge with just SLIGHT variantions (an additional console in the back @ changs ship, a second command chair @ lursa and B'tors ship, a helm in the front at the "enterprise" variations)
The ONE, I repeat ONE bridge isnt there.After TWO YEARS.
I do not ask for 4 or 5 KDF bridges, I just ask for THE ONE bride we saw dozends of times (may be with the variations^^ would be less work then doing 4 or 5).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
02-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
The doors in Star Trek were always psychic. While you are right that 'the game' knows where NPCs are going. . . I have absolutely no way to feed that into the interact of the door. In theory it would be possible. . . but that will take programming time. Maybe a little, maybe a lot, I just don't know. It's certainly not something that we can just turn on right now and make it magically work.
I would be fine with the Defiant/Belfast doors being interactable, it was done though it seemed to lead to some difficulties on occasion...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tev8Lnu3jPI
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
02-19-2012, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
The biggest let down is the differences between the free bridges and the c-store KDF bridges are a big let down because its like someone dropped a droplet of paint and then deemed worthy of being c-store product to sell Not to mention so dark it might as well be a cave LOL
Indeed this.
Captain Klaa's Bridge in STV was very well light.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
02-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
I'm still a lil mystified about how someone who plays mostly kdf would even buy this thing for 1800 c points just to get a couple doffs and 2 weapons Woulda been cool if there was a bop redone bridge too for this to be truely worth it for all characters on the account.
Don't want it? Don't buy it. Wait for the inevitable Klingon pack.

It's an account wide unlock. They mention the cross faction content to appeal to a player with mostlly fed characters, but perhaps with a couple of Klingons too. It's simply saying "this pack is obviously meant for the feds, but there's a few items that your Klingon characters can use too, so it's not completely value-less for those characters".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
02-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
The biggest let down for me is the following:

Even with release we got several bridges that were CLOSE to the originals on fed side (the old defaint variants, the galaxy-like, the Intrepit)
We later got rather inimportant but relativly close bridges like the prometheus...
Now we got 2 prety awsome "deluxe" bridges + interior.

But for KDF ships, there is ONE bridge that has been used in the series again and again.
The Hegh'ta (kurns ship), the Rotarran, the Chi'tang, Changs bop, the okorona (Klaas ship), even all ships in enterprise have used the same bridge with just SLIGHT variantions (an additional console in the back @ changs ship, a second command chair @ lursa and B'tors ship, a helm in the front at the "enterprise" variations)
The ONE, I repeat ONE bridge isnt there.After TWO YEARS.
I do not ask for 4 or 5 KDF bridges, I just ask for THE ONE bride we saw dozends of times (may be with the variations^^ would be less work then doing 4 or 5).
Yeah I think there are quite a few federation ones that need to be redone too but the KDF one needs at least one bridge redesign at the least for each type since its a waste of money to buy something you already get for free. Not to mention the function of bridges for both sides need some kind of game mechanic function. One possible idea I had been wanting to pitch for them is some new repeatable missions like the Pi Canis sorties that also come with a daily that are essentially ground missions but use the bridge/crew deck/engineering etc with random events that can occur on your ship which possibly may carry over to another enemy or friendly ship. This would help out with the huge lack of ground repeatables or dailies since zaria is pretty much the only one. I do not count the b'tran or azalea because they are poorly constructed missions more so for the KDF side. A first time foundry author or even foundry grind missions are better put together than those missions. Off topic there but it related to my idea/reasoning for more art to be done to our ships of both factions as well as a higher function of them. Plus for Cryptic it would only incite more money coming in for ship bridges if this idea came to being implemented.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
02-19-2012, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
The doors in Star Trek were always psychic. While you are right that 'the game' knows where NPCs are going. . . I have absolutely no way to feed that into the interact of the door. In theory it would be possible. . . but that will take programming time. Maybe a little, maybe a lot, I just don't know. It's certainly not something that we can just turn on right now and make it magically work.
Again, I can understand that.

But, the easiest fix would just be to re-path NPCs so that they don't walk near certain doors.

And also, to adjust the size of some of the trigger areas, as you really do need to be way back into the Captain's quarters (just about in the bed) in the Belfast interior for the door to finally close.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
02-20-2012, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Again, I can understand that.

But, the easiest fix would just be to re-path NPCs so that they don't walk near certain doors.

And also, to adjust the size of some of the trigger areas, as you really do need to be way back into the Captain's quarters (just about in the bed) in the Belfast interior for the door to finally close.
Yeah, sitting on the stool which while nice to be able to do will keep the door open... same with the "ready room"...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
02-20-2012, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy2k View Post
Yeah, sitting on the stool which while nice to be able to do will keep the door open... same with the "ready room"...
That because you to close to door. You would thought some would test these things. But we seen with teh FE that cryptic testing of stuff is rather poor.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
05-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerRock
The thing I'm most disappointed about is that we have blast shutters on most of the rooms on the engineering deck, yet we can't open them like in the TOS interior. The technology is there, why not use it in this interior as well?
Precisely. The Belfast Bridge, like the TOS Bridge, is a themed bridge. So why isn't the crew in DS9 or TNG - Film uniforms? When will this be rectified?

Looks like they went all out with the TOS Bridge but when it came time to make another themed bridge they did things haphazardly...

The doors being kept open by the myriad of NPCs walking around isn't a problem or priority of a themed bridge, its getting the look (not even talking about the layout) down as close as possible. Besides what I and PerRock pointed out to "finish" the Belfast Bridge, I give it an 8 out of 10. The crew not in uniform and blast shutters not able to be open is -1 pt each.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:28 AM.