Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
Hello

I bought the EC increase pack like yesterday and today i sold something for 90M EC, but the money only increased to 10M..

Please tell me this is a bug and will be resolved...

I have proof in my Email box.

Cstore clearly states "Purchased"
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Did you log out after you made the purchase? The EC cap increase says you need to relog for it to take effect.
Lt. Commander
Hello

I bought the EC increase pack like yesterday and today i sold something for 90M EC, but the money only increased to 10M..

Please tell me this is a bug and will be resolved...

I have proof in my Email box.

Cstore clearly states "Purchased"

I cant believe this doesnt get updated the minute you buy a pack.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperLimited View Post
Did you log out after you made the purchase? The EC cap increase says you need to relog for it to take effect.
You're serious? No i havent logged off yet. Just awesome.

Any way to get it back? because this is kinda lame. Respec tokens dont need a relog for it to take affect...
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfader1988
You're serious? No i havent logged off yet. Just awesome.

Any way to get it back? because this is kinda lame. Respec tokens dont need a relog for it to take affect...
Sadly, no. And yeah, it totally sucks.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-19-2012, 09:44 PM
you have to relog before ec cap increase takes effect.

memory may be faulty but pretty sure it says in the cstore that this has to be done.

Edit: yup -

"Note: Purchase of this option increases the Energy Credit cap for all characters on an account. Both Federation and Klingon Empire characters may use this option. Once this option is unlocked, you will need to log out and log back in for the change to take effect."
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-19-2012, 11:05 PM
I'd suspect the OP would have relogged at least once between yesterday and today.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-20-2012, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized
I'd suspect the OP would have relogged at least once between yesterday and today.
They didn;t:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=271159
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-20-2012, 06:16 AM
nope they didn't relog, but they did come and make multiple forum posts in different threads complaining about it when they lost their ec, without checking where the fault was. Probably won't help but who knows, if they drop a support note they may find a really generous helper who will refund them the lost coin - i doubt it though as cryptic are not really at fault here.

I can't recall if when i purchased the ec cap increase if it popped up a message after purchase reminding me to relog, but if not perhaps it could be something that cryptic can introduce.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-20-2012, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized
A few hours from now was yesterday basically, it was 5 hours before i though it would apply by now. Besides the afk time is 60 mins before u log out,

Lets be honest here, if you are a long time player and you stopped subbing but u still wanted the EC cap increase you know what "EC" is and you know how the game works, you dont read every tiny letter below a Cstore purchase anymore. You just expect it to apply just as i bought my 50 respec tokens these 1.5 years where non of them required a relog.

I'm not even going to try beggin Cryptic for my EC back now they can choke it up their _@SS_ my original post is just a sign of anger and Id 'like people to know that its just a big ripoff. Its either 'read the small signs' or potentially lose all your EC.

Well, good job Cryptic you satisfied yet another long term customer!
Closed Thread