Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Technik der USS Enterprise
5.7 Antimaterieerzeugung an Bord
Wie oben erwähnt, besteht bei der Galaxy-Klasse die Möglichkeit, relativ kleine Antimateriemengen in möglichen Notsituationen an Bord zu erzeugen. Der Prozeß ist in jeder Hinsicht unglaublich energie- und materieaufwending und ein Einsatz nicht unter jeder Operationsvoraussetzung von Vorteil. Der Antimaterie Generator kann jedoch, wie die Bussard-Kollektoren auch, kritische Brennstoffvorräte zur Verfügung stellen, wenn sie am dringendsten benötigt werden.
[...]
go to page 71 (although displayed as 74 of 182 including covers i guess)

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yelln
They have one for the kindle? First data pads and now Star Trek technical manuals on them. Has anyone bought the kindle version?
Not sure if the Kindle can read it but there are pdf versions out there.

Um, I'm not going to link to it though. I seriously doubt that the powers the be would take lightly to downloadable free versions and *cough* I hope that if someone were to *cough* provide such a link *cough* *cough* that they would quickly remove it before it gets noticed *cough* and gets them in trouble.

:whistle:
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-20-2012, 12:18 PM
that version is only available online. to download it you still have to be a site member or pay. i am presuming that some portion of that will go to the copyright holders.

if mods want to remove the link so be it.

(geez i am such a rebel when i have a drink in me lol)
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Closest thing I've had were the MS Encyclopedias and Entertainment Bibles for Gundam

....and the one SW ship thing when I was on Corelian Corvette phase
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-20-2012, 02:59 PM
It's true, I do have that book. And the DS9 Technical Manual.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-20-2012, 03:49 PM
I do not have any of those with a box of the Enterprise-D Schematics on the lower book shelf. :p
And I do NOT have any Shakespeare books that are in Klingon either
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Yeah that's a very nice book

I also like the DS9 one - lots of nice colour pics

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Technical Manual
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Is the any more encyclopaedias on ships other than the galaxy class e.g. sovereign class or defiant.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-20-2012, 04:36 PM
I have it on my I pad!
One step closer to a real tricorder!
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-20-2012, 04:47 PM
I still have, in well taken care of condition, the original Star Trek TOS technical manuel by Franz Joeseph designs as well as the TOS Enterprise fold out deck plans that I got at a ST convention in the late 70s.
Lot's of books...the entire original series, the entire Captain's log series (the animated series) and a couple dozen other novels based on the Trek series, all collected by the time I got out of high school.
I kinda fell out of the book collecting after I stared having kids of my own, before TNG was even dreamed of.

You silly kids and your fancy gadgets....:p