Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 1 Good Odyssey tactic, perhaps?
05-20-2012, 11:53 PM
I was brainstorming the other day about what I could do with the Odyssey. Ever since I made an account and saw the ship outside of the ESD shipyard window, I wanted this ship. I have strived to level 50. I have beaten the Jem'Hadar, the Romulans, the Borg and the Breen. As much as I love the Defiant (mine is captain rank... she still gets the job done.) and the Galaxy-class and the Sovereign-class, the Odyssey will be my crowning achievement.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand, I had an idea. Buy the pack, nab the Ops cruiser, put all three consoles on it and put team healing abilities on the boffs, and then fight the Borg. The fight starts, launch the saucer and the Aquarius, attack the cube (using Infected Space as an example), with the Work Bees on standby. The tank on the team gets damaged? No problem. Deploy Work Bees. If his shields are down, use Extend Shields.

Now, my part of the ship (the part I'll fly), is still a tiger with teeth. Now I'm not going to be doing much PvP in this thing unless it's more than 1v1. This ship is a giant combat medic. She's got the hull to withstand a few plasma torpedoes (which in STFs are a pain.), not to mention enough shield heals to not really be affected by their Tachyon Beams and Polarize Hull for the Tractor beams. I'm still gathering consoles and parts for it, but what do you all think?

Should I change this? Is there anything positive you might like to add? Any cons? (Please feel free to point out any shortcomings so I can fix them. Turn rate will be a problem but 3 RCS Accelerators might remedy that.)