Lt. Commander
What am I missing here? Why are we penalized with a 1 hour cooldown timer on FAILED STF runs? Isn't the penalty having to run them again when it's the Borg goodies we're trying to get & not receiving from failed STFs? I've been in elite STFs that failed 5 min after they started. Also been on teams that failed 20, 30 & 40 min into the STF. My motto - "Never Quit". None of those runs should have earned anyone a 1 hour cooldown penalty. Let's not forget the bug that places you into a failed STFs when you start either. BOOM Insta fail & 1 hour cooldown for you. Hope you enjoy this Cryptic "Feature".

Now don't tell me the answer to failed STF is to stop pugging. I'm in a fleet. My fleet's premade teams can complete all the STFs & optionals with no problem. You can't take pride completing elite STFs when your team is speced with purple gear and experienced players. You want to brag, complete elite STFs on a pug teams with no communication and more times than not poor builds & bad (nonexistent) STF skills. I also feel as an expert STF player, I have a responsibility to help pugs. We were ALL pugs at one time. Want to feel good? Finish an elite STF with pugs and watch the number of "Thanks" and friend requests you receive from them after. Means a lot more to me than the proto tech.

Anyway I just don't understand why the cooldown applies to failed STFs. Hey Gozer, I support all your other STF upgrades but not this one. To understand the pug, you must be the pug. Help us out here. It's just this simple - the penalty for failing an STF is having to run it again & again & again The cooldown penalty on failed attempts makes no sense so please consider getting rid of it. The bigger problem that needs to be resolved is penalizing the loot farmers & sleepers (AFK) who ruin STFs & PVP.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-21-2012, 02:08 AM
I noticed a 1hr cooldown on completed STF.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADufaux
I noticed a 1hr cooldown on completed STF.
This is by design. The OP is talking about the cooldown applying even if it is NOT completed (ie failed).
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Problem is, bar KA space and Cure space, you cannot actually 'fail' an STF.

You can be unable to complete it due to horrible damage/tactics, but you can't actually fail any but those two.