Lt. Commander
# 11
05-21-2012, 08:00 PM
I think tier 6 should only be accessible by the fleet admirals for Season 6. Like, they would be the flagships, or the ship that defends the starbase, etc. etc. I agree that Tier 5 should be the last tier for everyone other than the fleet admirals.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-22-2012, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flywiz
I think tier 6 should only be accessible by the fleet admirals for Season 6. Like, they would be the flagships, or the ship that defends the starbase, etc. etc. I agree that Tier 5 should be the last tier for everyone other than the fleet admirals.
I shudder at this thought. That would produce, and for good reason, an unfathomable nightmare in fleet politics, and probably tear a lot of fleets apart.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-22-2012, 02:27 AM
Quote:
brb, gonna go form my own fleet
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-22-2012, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_1999
I shudder at this thought. That would produce, and for good reason, an unfathomable nightmare in fleet politics, and probably tear a lot of fleets apart.
It would certainly bruise a good number of ego's, that's for sure!
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-22-2012, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized
lol yea I've been contemplating the same thing!

What's to stop everyone from doing that?

Won't be long before we have several hundred one man fleets!
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-22-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized
Yeah, that's basically my reaction as well.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-22-2012, 02:05 PM
I think I didn't make it clear by what I wanted to say, sorry about that guys. What I meant to say was they would be special ships, but almost not really, if that makes any sense. Picture this; The Tier 6 ships would not be actual new ships, but rather you can choose an existing ship that would be the Flagship for the fleet. It wouldn't have any special powers, but would just be the official flagship, and would be shown near the starbases, if you kind of get what I mean.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Quote:
I think I didn't make it clear by what I wanted to say, sorry about that guys. What I meant to say was they would be special ships, but almost not really, if that makes any sense. Picture this; The Tier 6 ships would not be actual new ships, but rather you can choose an existing ship that would be the Flagship for the fleet. It wouldn't have any special powers, but would just be the official flagship, and would be shown near the starbases, if you kind of get what I mean.
Then that is a "specially designated tier 5" ship, not a new tier in-and-of-itself.

Now, if the fleet shipyard system suddenly allows only the "fleet admiral / founder" to upgrade his personal tier-5 ship to a 4-4-4 console, 4/4 weapons, and multiple Cmdr/Lt Cmdr BOff slotted ship (aka tier 6), then we have a problem (which is what those above me are alluding to)...
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-24-2012, 07:17 AM
Yeah, I have the new Odyssey Star Cruiser, but I always hop in my Star Cruiser. I don't know why but I feel like she turns and handles better. Odyssey Star Cruiser is my STF ship, Star is my mission and all around fun ship. I think once you hit VA you can really just do whatever, I roll around in my Tier 1 and 3 ships all the time, helping new people run missions. I find its a lot more fun running around in lower tier ships. ^.^

In short, don't worry just do whatever. Just have fun. Also Dreadnought is an awesome ship, few of my fleet mates only run it. They are obsessed with the damn thing.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-24-2012, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianGForce View Post
Yeah, I have the new Odyssey Star Cruiser, but I always hop in my Star Cruiser. I don't know why but I feel like she turns and handles better. Odyssey Star Cruiser is my STF ship, Star is my mission and all around fun ship. I think once you hit VA you can really just do whatever, I roll around in my Tier 1 and 3 ships all the time, helping new people run missions. I find its a lot more fun running around in lower tier ships. ^.^

In short, don't worry just do whatever. Just have fun. Also Dreadnought is an awesome ship, few of my fleet mates only run it. They are obsessed with the damn thing.
There's a very good Reason your Star Cruiser feels like it turns and handles better than the Odyssey. It does infact handle better than the Odyssey.

Star Cruiser has a Base turn of 7
Odyssey has a Base turn of 6

RCS (Blue, Mk XI) is an Increase of 35%. 7 becomes 9.45, 6 becomes 8.1. Although it's much more complicated than that taking in account speed and engine power.