Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Exchange not showing VA items?
05-16-2012, 04:28 PM
So I go on there nearly every day and I'm always looking for mark XII items, but if I select (ship weapons) rare/very rare and Vice admiral, then search. The only thing that comes up is a bunch of XII disruptor beams?

If I select other items like consoles, NOTHING comes up!

The only way to find mark XII stuff is to type "XII" in the search bar along with the item (say weapons) then all mark XII weapons come up, but I can't focus on any specific type. Just a long list of crap no one wants.

So plese fix this so the VA tab actually works!
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Actually most mkxii items are rear admiral upper half, not vice admiral. Look at the item descriptions. So it is actually not a bug with the exchange but rather a mis-classification of mkxii items.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-19-2012, 04:26 PM
If that's so, then what is a VA item!?

And why have the va tab at all?

I just think all mark XII Stuff should be moved into va so it would be easier to find.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlross
So I go on there nearly every day and I'm always looking for mark XII items, but if I select (ship weapons) rare/very rare and Vice admiral, then search. The only thing that comes up is a bunch of XII disruptor beams?

If I select other items like consoles, NOTHING comes up!

The only way to find mark XII stuff is to type "XII" in the search bar along with the item (say weapons) then all mark XII weapons come up, but I can't focus on any specific type. Just a long list of crap no one wants.

So plese fix this so the VA tab actually works!
Most rare/vary rare VA items are Bind On Pickup (bop), as you know these items are not sellable or even tradeable. Some items that are, are crafted and these might be what you are seeing.

It's either that or the seller charges a ridiculous amount of EC's for the item you'd like to really have.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-19-2012, 07:53 PM
If You want something specific, try search by name and select very rare or something.
I buy and sell on the exchange all the time and see plenty of rare and very rare Mk XII gear all the time.
Consoles, weapons you name it, all you need is money.
If I get no results it's because I forgot a space, mispelled something or I'm looking in the wrong category.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-20-2012, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlross
If that's so, then what is a VA item!?

And why have the va tab at all?

I just think all mark XII Stuff should be moved into va so it would be easier to find.
Wouldn't make sense acutally to be moving Mk 12 items to VA level, considering the rest of the game, there is 2 Mark levels per Rank. Mk 13~14 items would be what appears for Vice Admiral once those items are added, and while 'technically' we're are 'Vice-Admirals', We aren't 'really' Vice Admirals since we don't have any SP into that rank.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-21-2012, 03:38 PM
So if what everyone is saying is true, then the VA tab is being kept for higher mark items still to come?
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-21-2012, 07:30 PM
There is something buggy about exchange searches,

IE: I'd search for polaron phase modulator MK XII and get only one purple mk XII console. But... if I switch to Very Rare, then hit search again I'll get 10 purple consoles....