Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
OK i have been liking the MVAE for motnhs and its really good but i would like to see more like these 2 things 1. i would really like to see is the 2 little necalles at the saucer is that when you seperate you actully see it move up and when they get togeter it goes back 2. the thing that would be annoying is that i see some back texture on the red scoops a triangle and on the part where the little nacelles come out ont eh top could you fix this please.

Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-22-2012, 06:06 AM
that's the last thing that should be fixed..

i hope they will fix the dumb AI of the pets, because at the moment they are kinda useless in STF's.

**they do minimal damage so bump the dmg output or let us change the weapons..

**the pets are really really really stupid!!! they fly too far away, ignore my targets, try to solo cubes or gates and like to fly right into a warp core breach.. so make them smarter, or let us control them like the carrier does..

**let us have a little console that shows the health of the 2 pets.. because half of the time i lose sight of them and after 5 min i come to a conclusion they tried to solo 5 spheres and died..

**make the buffs better..

**and after all that fix the visuals

because i now payed for a pritty/cool ship that's kinda useless..
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-22-2012, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soifon99
that's the last thing that should be fixed..

i hope they will fix the dumb AI of the pets, because at the moment they are kinda useless in STF's.

**they do minimal damage so bump the dmg output or let us change the weapons..

**the pets are really really really stupid!!! they fly too far away, ignore my targets, try to solo cubes or gates and like to fly right into a warp core breach.. so make them smarter, or let us control them like the carrier does..

**let us have a little console that shows the health of the 2 pets.. because half of the time i lose sight of them and after 5 min i come to a conclusion they tried to solo 5 spheres and died..

**make the buffs better..

**and after all that fix the visuals

because i now payed for a pritty/cool ship that's kinda useless..
I find them okay - at least initially.

They're pretty good at firing at whatever I am shooting at as soon as the MVAM is activated, but once my target has gone boom (or I change target) they seem to do as they please.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-22-2012, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01
I find them okay - at least initially.

They're pretty good at firing at whatever I am shooting at as soon as the MVAM is activated, but once my target has gone boom (or I change target) they seem to do as they please.
yeh but it would be nice that they would listen all the time! not only the first time..

oh and a 10 min cooldown is also pritty long! especially when your pets die after 3 min. :\
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-22-2012, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soifon99
yeh but it would be nice that they would listen all the time! not only the first time..

oh and a 10 min cooldown is also pritty long! especially when your pets die after 3 min. :\
Just use one of the other separation modes. Or rather end your current mode by clicking on it again and then split again using one of the other mdoes. As for the 10 minute timer that starts when you separate, I believe that's how long before it auto-ends the separation, not the cool down timer itself.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-22-2012, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36
Just use one of the other separation modes. Or rather end your current mode by clicking on it again and then split again using one of the other mdoes. As for the 10 minute timer that starts when you separate, I believe that's how long before it auto-ends the separation, not the cool down timer itself.
no it's really a cooldown.. because when my pets are dead and i klik it again to come together again it's on 10 min greyed out and counting down..

and not all modes are that good for dps builds.. only the beta is kinda a dps buff.. the rest is meh..
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-23-2012, 08:20 AM
Agreed. Beta mode is really the only mode I would run for the weapon buff but the pets could use some AI help. Then again I'm sure its the same way its coded with ground Boffs and their AI is just as terrible.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-23-2012, 09:13 AM
I find that if I select my targets by using the mouse, the MVAM pieces will target properly, more often than not, while if I target cycle using the keyboard, they won't pick up the new target.

Once I zoom off, they sometimes have a hard time deciding whether or not they're going to follow me, and if so, if they're going to use full impulse to get to me, or just mosey on over at their own pace.

What I think would be a great improvement, is allowing us to control the pieces like carrier pets with a control box. Health status would be helpful too; I know that this had been requested before but game engine limitations were cited as being the reason for not being able to control the pets. They're supposedly deployed differently than carrier pets, so I don't think that many improvements are possible.

A damage output increase would be welcome, though. Currently, I only separate for the turn rate increase
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-23-2012, 09:34 AM
there should be a command button, as it exists for carriers. problem solved.
any ship that has saucer seperation or aux craft should have some basic commands for them.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Frankly, before anything else, I'd like to see them fix the separation itself so you don't have to come to a stand still every time you use it. It would be lovely if it separated like the Oddy's chevron mode.