Lt. Commander
# 1 Quick STF Question
05-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Hey All! Quick question regarding how the STF's work now. I was trying to get certain stuff done like Cure, Infection etc to get some of the stuff like MACO shielding etc. So I take the mission Cure for instance, run into the queue and do the space battle..., no credit for the quest. Do the ground one right after..., still no credit for the quest. Still sitting in my quest log and I am assuming to get some of these items I have to be able to turn in the quest to be able to get the item to trade in for the items. The quest had just been activated again today, so has anyone run into this, and if so what is going on? Does the queue not count towards the quest, and does that mean I have to put a party together manually and go in? Hope that someone can help shed some light on the situation. Cheers all.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Actually, Ive kind of wondered the same thing. I have them in my mission que from ages ago. Never complete. I also have one listed as ready to turn in but no one i talk to will clear it....

There are however 2 versions... One you get at like level 41 IIRC and another at VA. ITs possible in your case you have the lower level one and are doing the VA version?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Good question. Maybe I should drop it again and take it up again and see. Don't remember seeing anything about VA in the available queue for the quest.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Mission based STFs are no more, actually. They just award you loot, dilithium and accolades now, and are only accessed via the queue.

You can try to finish the old mission(s) with a team, but I doubt they're still in the game at all.

My guess is you had the mission leftover from playing previously. If you can pick it up now, something is fubar. :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-22-2012, 06:42 PM
Sounds about right. Still have one mission for the delta flyer from a while ago. Hehehe. When I looked up the MACO shielding for example from the DS9 dude he says that I have to get this item that is then turned into him that can in turn be used for the shielding. So that's why I figured I had to finish this mission to get the item for him. I guess it is just a drop from doing the STF then.