Lt. Commander
# 11
05-17-2012, 01:22 AM
A topic already exists for a potential Voyager interior pack, which includes discussions on special Talaxian/Ocampan DOffs, a special flyable shuttle / combat pet and Marquis provisional ranks. I think it'll probably make sense if people discussed each idea in existing threads rather than starting up new generic catch-all ones.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-17-2012, 01:25 AM
Could we have an option (dropdown) in the ship customiser screen. maybe under the window selection for crew era uniforms?
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai
A topic already exists for a potential Voyager interior pack, which includes discussions on special Talaxian/Ocampan DOffs, a special flyable shuttle / combat pet and Marquis provisional ranks. I think it'll probably make sense if people discussed each idea in existing threads rather than starting up new generic catch-all ones.
That would make sense, however, its more about how many threads their are about something that speak volumes Then if the idea is well received, for Cryptic to handle the details of how it will look. After all they keep on stating how they take canon to heart as much as they can. If that is the case then there is no discussion of how it should look, just follow canon. Thus, it is pointless nit-picking and discussing the subtleties of how a theme should look, but rather just that a complete theme should be made.

@Thorley, Now that is a very good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarlord
its more about how many threads their are about something that speak volumes
Nope.

Consolidating discussions into one active thread is generally better than having several threads with only one or two replies.

The former gives the devs the impression "Hey, these guys have been building on each other's ideas and suggestions for quite some time, they must be on to something." Conversely, the latter implies "Nah, see here, the thread went nowhere, so few people want it".
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-20-2012, 05:50 AM
We had no less than 7 Build the Enterprise in 20 years threads here.

Quote:
Consolidating discussions into one active thread is generally better than having several threads with only one or two replies.
It also makes life easier for those trying to answer question in forums as they only have to point to a single thread instead of half dozen. Point at half dozen and folks complain about them actually having to read.

I've pretty much given up on reporting threads that need to be combined though around here. Doesn't seem to be much interest in doing so.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-22-2012, 10:33 AM
@sumghai, Lol. The main point of my reply of my previous post to your post was simply there IS no discussion other then do you want said theme or not, so 'yes' or 'no', 'you have my vote' or 'I don't want this'. Because if you do want a theme following canon then there is no it room for should have this or that. If they follow canon then it will/should have what canon says it has replicating the look as closely as they can.

Making 1 thread with 100 posts versus 10 threads with 10 posts each. You say tomato, I say tomatoe. You didn't quote the entirety of that sentence from your last post. Because it starts with "That would makes sense..." So I understand your train of thought. But apparently there seems to be a different thought process from others... shocking I'm inclined to think for a dev seeing a whole page forum (25 posts for me) on one subject with 100 post each has more of an impact then 1 post with 2500 that could be hidden tucked away among the myriad of other posts they sift through.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Quote:
The main point of my reply of my previous post to your post was simply there IS no discussion other then do you want said theme or not, so 'yes' or 'no', 'you have my vote' or 'I don't want this'. Because if you do want a theme following canon then there is no it room for should have this or that. If they follow canon then it will/should have what canon says it has replicating the look as closely as they can.
It's far from the simple "yes/no" notion as you choose to believe. A detailed "what should be included and how" discussion is far more useful to devs and the community.

For instance, in the original, more extensive thread, we discussed:
  • The possibility of allowing players to choose between the original yellow LCARS as on the TV show, or an updated 2409-style blue LCARS with (optional) holographic displays. This way, such an interior could please both die-hard purists and those who like the newer LCARS theme.

• What duty officers may be included? What traits would they have? What effect would they have on canonicity / gameplay balance?

• The elusive Voyager Aeroshuttle - if it was included, would it be a flyable shuttle or a combat pet? What sort of weapons / specs might it have?

Quote:
So I understand your train of thought.
Don't even bother pretending to do so.

Quote:
I'm inclined to think for a dev seeing a whole page forum (25 posts for me) on one subject with 100 post each has more of an impact then 1 post with 2500 that could be hidden tucked away among the myriad of other posts they sift through.
Nope.

theapparatus made an excellent point regarding redirecting question to the relevant thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theapparatus
It also makes life easier for those trying to answer question in forums as they only have to point to a single thread instead of half dozen. Point at half dozen and folks complain about them actually having to read.
So mister edwarlord, next time someone starts another thread for yet another Voyager pack, should I repost everything I posted in all the other threads too?
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-22-2012, 07:53 PM
You choose to make it a big deal, when its not xD

Themed bridge/interiors are not a priority so getting into discussions about detail of what should be part of the theme will be in vain because they are simply going to do the exact same thing they did with the TOS theme. Better just save up your discussions for after the product is out, lol.

You can re-post if it makes you feel good or as something to do to fill up your time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumgai
Don't even bother pretending to do so.
Stop projecting what you think is so, its hilarious. I do understand, lol. But bottom line I'm sure more people are going to make their own thread about a voyager theme or multiple threads about a certain subject. But cudos to you and your attempts. I hope it works out for you lol
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Themed bridge/interiors are not a priority so getting into discussions about detail of what should be part of the theme will be in vain because they are simply going to do the exact same thing they did with the TOS theme.
And what, exactly, is that?
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-22-2012, 08:18 PM
Quote:
And what, exactly, is that?
Oh by "... the exact same thing they did with the TOS theme." I meant they are just going to make it visually similar to the Voyager's bridge and interiors likewise. Hopefully the crew is also in the appropriate uniform and not the standard ones.

I've read the thread you posted and those options and what should be are great. Its just that its going to take more resources to make it so rather then just copy/paste how they did the TOS theme. And the way Cryptic is going (thanks to PWE) they are more about peddling out the next cash crop item