Lt. Commander
# 1 Boarding Party
05-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Boarding party in its current condition creates cool downs of up to four plus minutes on most abilities with Very Rare DoFFs slotted. The problem being that once boarded nothing is clearing the cool downs. Tactical Team only prevents further and TSS with the DoFF for clearing does not work. A counter needs to be available. It should be noted that tactical team is very easy to counter with AoE damage and has to be well timed at close range to be effective.

The cool downs also continue after respawning. This needs to be addressed as no abilities ill effects should continue past respawn.

Perhaps tactical team removing 45sec per tier would be a suitable counter
While this as a counter would not stop all of the effects it does allow for a counter when working as a team.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajjah View Post
Boarding party in its current condition creates cool downs of up to four plus minutes on most abilities with Very Rare DoFFs slotted. The problem being that once boarded nothing is clearing the cool downs. Tactical Team only prevents further and TSS with the DoFF for clearing does not work. A counter needs to be available. It should be noted that tactical team is very easy to counter with AoE damage and has to be well timed at close range to be effective.

The cool downs also continue after respawning. This needs to be addressed as no abilities ill effects should continue past respawn.

Perhaps tactical team removing 45sec per tier would be a suitable counter
While this as a counter would not stop all of the effects it does allow for a counter when working as a team.
i was the test partner and for the sake of the player/Dev reading this i had him sit there and take 5 or 6 boarding party runs ( with 2 ultra-rare doffs for BP) and also with 4 M.force hitting him the whole time to get them cool down timers...

i will say yes the cool down timers on said target staying AFTER death respawn needs to be fixed... respawn should clear all effects on said ship.

As for adding a counter for the effects of boarding partys that land in large numbers i will have to say that i think bearing in mind that boarding party is so easy to hard counter with tac-team and Tss - with doff, i think it is fine where it is and does not need to be changed. alot of ships roll 2 tac teams as standard and this makes boarding party as a whole useless unless your in the perfect places and a few get in the second after tac team 1 out of 2 drops... thus if anything i would say that boarding party could do with a chance resist to tac team or make tac-team a CHANCE % to counter boarding partys or if the target has under 10-20% crew tac team will not counter boarding party as there is no crew to fight said boarding party.

Nova.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Funny, the STOwiki page mentions that it only gives a 4s delay...

Does this ability affect borg and other NPCs?