Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Message from Chris @ Jupiter Broadcasting

After nearly three years STOked is reaching its final transition point. As of late I have been evaluating the the show from many aspects, production costs, return on investment, and future outlooks for the game.

STOked as we know it will end production with episode 126, which will be live Saturday June 2nd, and released for download June 5th 2012.

Big things are still instore for Star Trek Online, and the STOked crew still has ideas and passions they want to share. So we're asking the community:

Would you be intrested in STOked Radio? The ultimate Star Trek Online audio podcast, covering STO much like tradional STOked always has, with some new ideas, and a new season to talk about.

Vote in our poll: http://bit.ly/stokedpoll

Source Twitter & Jupiter Signal Newsletter

Message from Maverick@Asmick

STOked is reaching an end. Would you be interested in a new show, STOked Radio?
Please cast your vote here at http://t.co/iZsZpdnP via @GoPollGo.

Thanks to all the many viewers and followers and to the countless submissions, crew members, and community members that helped make STOked possible.

http://gopollgo.com/stoked-is-reachi...w-stoked-radio
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
05-24-2012, 03:28 AM
I mostly listen to the audio podcast, so STOked radio won't be much of a change for me. Go for it.

llap
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
05-24-2012, 03:45 AM
Honestly, I say continue on in whatever form you can.

At this point, it's all of us, versus Cryptic and PWE. The only way we can win this fight is if we all stick together, stick to our guns and do every last thing we can to be vocal, get the word out, try to get things changed.

Every time a podcast stops, or loses key members, the community is none the better for it.

If you give up, or even if you switch to audio only, you are saying Cryptic wins. PWE wins. If Star Trek has taught us anything it is that you stand up for what you believe in, you protect those that need protecting. How many players can claim they have a voice as loud as Chris's that is heard by vast swaths of the community? Virtually none. Governments were created to do for the people what the people couldn't always do for themselves, you have the power to influence and change.

If it's a money issue, many of us will help fund the show. If it's time editing it, how many of us out there can do that? Crowd-source it.

Never give up. Never surrender.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
05-24-2012, 03:51 AM
I don't think the video was ever really the draw for STOked.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
05-24-2012, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavgeek View Post
Honestly, I say continue on in whatever form you can.

At this point, it's all of us, versus Cryptic and PWE. The only way we can win this fight is if we all stick together, stick to our guns and do every last thing we can to be vocal, get the word out, try to get things changed.

Every time a podcast stops, or loses key members, the community is none the better for it.

If you give up, or even if you switch to audio only, you are saying Cryptic wins. PWE wins. If Star Trek has taught us anything it is that you stand up for what you believe in, you protect those that need protecting. How many players can claim they have a voice as loud as Chris's that is heard by vast swaths of the community? Virtually none. Governments were created to do for the people what the people couldn't always do for themselves, you have the power to influence and change.

If it's a money issue, many of us will help fund the show. If it's time editing it, how many of us out there can do that? Crowd-source it.

Never give up. Never surrender.
Why is it all of us vs something Never understood why people think they can speak for everyone.

Anyways I get after awhile you do get tired of a game. REGARDLESS of what's happening in the game, with the business etc you're going to get burned out. It happens. So have fun doin a radio show if that's the way you want to go . It can be fun, and it can also sometimes be a pain in the butt :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
05-24-2012, 03:58 AM
While we'll still get haters who want to hate and hit on Chris for whatever he does or says, thumbs up to the comments so far. We're all sad about STOked but Chris has given above and beyond for this show and I feel the community needs to give it's support when he needs it the most.

STOked Radio could work for segments like the news and community feedback where visuals aren't necessary and links to visuals or supplemental videos could be inserted and Foundry Files is able to stand alone. Now is the time for the community to share their disappointment but give support and constructive feedback. Clearly you guys want the show ideally to stay as it is, we all do but that's not really going to happen so we're looking at how we can continue contributing but not invest in a time and effort consuming video format.

Who knows Chris may do livestream events like he did during the hiatus just not recorded so for some who can tune in can do and we can have fun but this is about a video recorded podcast. I'm just throwing out suggestions people can think about and either support them or suggest their own.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
05-24-2012, 03:59 AM
Urgs. Looks like somebody answered after last shows uh.. request for an reaction. I liked watching these shows, positive and critical alike.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
05-24-2012, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
Why is it all of us vs something Never understood why people think they can speak for everyone.
None of us speak for everyone. However, it is quite fair to say a very large portion of the playerbase is unhappy with the game and its poor business decisions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
05-24-2012, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
I don't think the video was ever really the draw for STOked.
maybe if a 7of9 type character joins the show. stachios in drag might also widen the audience with unexpected results
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
05-24-2012, 04:08 AM
I really am sorry to hear this. I think your casts were fantastic, always great information, right on topic, this is truely a loss, a great loss and I am very sad to hear this news. Best wishes for any future endevours you embark upon and thank you for the last 120+ episodes...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:52 PM.