Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-24-2012, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight1000
A little confused here, isn't the Vulcan ship a T5 putting it on equal footing with the other T5 ships?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post
Because the game is set in the 25th century.

Solutions require problems to exist beforehand.
To clarify some, as it's buried in my posts somewhat:

The "problem" is that all TNG fans, in "end-game", have a viable ship/uniform combination that is 100% "canon" for the show. TMP fans also have a 100% viable Tier 5 Excelsior to go with their Kahn uniforms. However, TOS and ENT have no tier 5 "canon" ship that fits their uniforms. Yeah, we do have Tier 1/2 ships that "work" for RP and mission PvE, but taking a Connie Refit that "matches" TOS unis into an STF is grounds to be (minimally) laughed out of the game, if not reported for "griefing".

As one of the "minority" of fans that are here because of appreciating the "older" timeline stuff, the lack of a TOS and ENT era tier 5 is a "problem", even though I understand that TNG fans may not care about that. Personally, I don't even care for the ENT shows, but if I'm gonna request TOS "love", I might as well get ENT (as the "last base") covered.

Oh, and "for the record", the VSS is "technically" a Tier 4, shipyard filters place it as a RA ship, and the only VA Sci I've seen in my previous sorts is the Intrepid-Retro. That, and to be "truly" a 100% "canon" ship/uniform match, the T'Pol uniform (and all Vulcan crew for that matter) would be the "most appropriate" entry.