Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 61
05-25-2012, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Wait, people are using Auxillary to Batteries now?

This isn't the STO I used to play anymore.

Mustrum "Should we rely on DOFFs to make a subpar power useful?" Ridcully
To be honest I never really thought it was all that bad a skill.... a bit miss understood... and not like most of the games other abilities that have Zero down side.

Whats the draw back of smacking
Emergency power to shields....
or
Tac Team
or
Omega

I would love to see a game where more skills had a down side... Emergency Power skills that have X chance to disable one of the none boosted system... oh ya

I sort of Miss that Overload used to have a chance to offline your weapons... Granted it was bugged to all hell... but if that worked right you have to admit that would be a great solution to s skill that is still somewhat borked... what if it had a chance to proc your own weapons off line... one at a time. (not all of them)

What if rapid fires and fire at wills did the same thing....

What if using a team skill lowered system power as crew transport around the ship... something like -5 all systems for 5 seconds when you activate them.

What if Transfer Shield Strength really did Transfer something form somewhere ? lol

I think the game could use more crap skills like aux to bat. (for the record I used it now and then before the doffs... to keep people guessing lol)

Oh man I could go one... how can you vent all that warp plasma and still have a running engine. should offline your engine 5 sec for a reboot after 10 seconds from the purge cycle or something.

I guess that sort of game will never happen still it would be more fun PvP wise I think.
Lt. Commander
# 62
05-25-2012, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
To be honest I never really thought it was all that bad a skill.... SNIP....
To be honest, I can’t find any good information on the ability “Auxiliary to Battery”.

First of all, the Star Trek Online wiki page seems to not have the correct information. Does anyone have the correct information for what this ability actually does now and with what it really shares cool-downs with? Last I thought, the ability started a cool-down with Emergency Power to Subsystem abilities.

I honestly haven’t used the ability since BETA when I tried a lot more stuff out... but if the ability has change for the better... i'd like to know how so...
Lt. Commander
# 63
05-25-2012, 08:29 AM
Quote:
To be honest I never really thought it was all that bad a skill.... a bit miss understood... and not like most of the games other abilities that have Zero down side.

Whats the draw back of smacking
Emergency power to shields....
or
Tac Team
or
Omega

I would love to see a game where more skills had a down side... Emergency Power skills that have X chance to disable one of the none boosted system... oh ya

I sort of Miss that Overload used to have a chance to offline your weapons... Granted it was bugged to all hell... but if that worked right you have to admit that would be a great solution to s skill that is still somewhat borked... what if it had a chance to proc your own weapons off line... one at a time. (not all of them)

What if rapid fires and fire at wills did the same thing....

What if using a team skill lowered system power as crew transport around the ship... something like -5 all systems for 5 seconds when you activate them.

What if Transfer Shield Strength really did Transfer something form somewhere ? lol

I think the game could use more crap skills like aux to bat. (for the record I used it now and then before the doffs... to keep people guessing lol)

Oh man I could go one... how can you vent all that warp plasma and still have a running engine. should offline your engine 5 sec for a reboot after 10 seconds from the purge cycle or something.

I guess that sort of game will never happen still it would be more fun PvP wise I think.
Agreed! I'd love to see a good risk and reward system. We have a very basic and forgiving version now in that you may take one power at the expense of another, or using this console means you can't use that other one.

I think the P2W consoles need a negative effect, either passively or on use. The impulse capacitor might reduce engine power by 30 or 40 for a short time after use. Antimatter spread might reduce your own visibility of accuracy. Plasma leech might have a risk of overloading a system. Equipping Phaser resistance console might weaken you to a different energy type. Equipping Ablative armor might increase mass and flow you down or equipping a cloaking console reduces your hull total.

I don't know, a few extra minutes of thought from creative people could create some really interesting positive and negative interactions. But I liked the idea of Beam Overload taking that beam offline for a while.
Lt. Commander
# 64
05-25-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Agreed! I'd love to see a good risk and reward system. We have a very basic and forgiving version now in that you may take one power at the expense of another, or using this console means you can't use that other one.

I think the P2W consoles need a negative effect, either passively or on use. The impulse capacitor might reduce engine power by 30 or 40 for a short time after use. Antimatter spread might reduce your own visibility of accuracy. Plasma leech might have a risk of overloading a system. Equipping Phaser resistance console might weaken you to a different energy type. Equipping Ablative armor might increase mass and flow you down or equipping a cloaking console reduces your hull total.

I don't know, a few extra minutes of thought from creative people could create some really interesting positive and negative interactions. But I liked the idea of Beam Overload taking that beam offline for a while.
I had a thread about that here in the PVP section talking about the P2W consoles and how they should be moved around, re-balanced etc. Negative Effects were part of that. HERE!!!
Lt. Commander
# 65
05-25-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
The problem isn't that it has a down side. The problem is that the upside is of such short duration that it is not really useful... certainly not useful enoujgh to waste a precious BO skill slot on it for a few seconds of adjusted power. If it was 20s, then you might concievably run two of them to basically nuke your Aux to bring up engine power (since you could use EPtS/EptW to keep up the other two instead.

The Duty Officer provides functionality based on the activation, rather than duration... that turns it into a useful skill again.
Lt. Commander
# 66
05-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krenlik View Post
The problem isn't that it has a down side. The problem is that the upside is of such short duration that it is not really useful... certainly not useful enoujgh to waste a precious BO skill slot on it for a few seconds of adjusted power. If it was 20s, then you might concievably run two of them to basically nuke your Aux to bring up engine power (since you could use EPtS/EptW to keep up the other two instead.

The Duty Officer provides functionality based on the activation, rather than duration... that turns it into a useful skill again.
To be honest if they made it 20s I would stop using it.

10s is perfect... I wouldn't want to give up my aux system for longer then that.

For those that asked

Aux to bat
+ Weapon Power
+ Shield Power
+ Engine Power
Sets Aux Power to 5
Duration 10 S
Cool down 45 Seconds
Shares a global with Emergency Power to Systems.

(version 1 is around +33 power to all systems at a normal aux setting.. more if you crank it... however if you switch back your aux will drop under 5 and off line for the durration, which if you plan it right is no big deal anyway... at full 125 aux its not hard to go 125 Wep Shield and engines for 10 sec)

Technician Doff...
Reduces cool down of all Boff skills when you use Aux to Bat (including aux to bat itself)
Max effect... 30% reduction with 3 x 10% purple doffs.

Honesty its very very usable... anyone that says otherwise has never used it. Don't believe the Hype... Aux to bat has always been a good skill... its just not a dumb fire skill, like the games easier to use skills.
Lt. Commander
# 67
05-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
To be honest if they made it 20s I would stop using it.

10s is perfect... I wouldn't want to give up my aux system for longer then that.

For those that asked

Aux to bat
+ Weapon Power
+ Shield Power
+ Engine Power
Sets Aux Power to 5
Duration 10 S
Cool down 45 Seconds
Shares a global with Emergency Power to Systems.

(version 1 is around +33 power to all systems at a normal aux setting.. more if you crank it... however if you switch back your aux will drop under 5 and off line for the durration, which if you plan it right is no big deal anyway... at full 125 aux its not hard to go 125 Wep Shield and engines for 10 sec)

Technician Doff...
Reduces cool down of all Boff skills when you use Aux to Bat (including aux to bat itself)
Max effect... 30% reduction with 3 x 10% purple doffs.

Honesty its very very usable... anyone that says otherwise has never used it. Don't believe the Hype... Aux to bat has always been a good skill... its just not a dumb fire skill, like the games easier to use skills.
So it no longer shares a cool-down with AUX-SIF or AUX-ID?
Lt. Commander
# 68
05-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleon View Post
I was curiuos as well. It seems it should share a GCD with A2d and A2sif, not the EPT abilities.
Oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 69
05-25-2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleon View Post
No just Emergency power skills.

In fact if your using the doffs it turns 1 Aux to Damp into 2 Aux to damp...

Sif well it does nothing to the 15 sec super heal.
Lt. Commander
# 70
05-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I was curiuos as well. It seems it should share a GCD with A2d and A2sif, not the EPT abilities.
Oh well.
Na its a power skill... if it didn't share a cool down with the Emergency Powers EVERYONE would use it cause it would be super OP.

Trust me it works fine the way it is...

Use 3 tech doffs...

ONE copy of EMTS
ONE copy of Aux to BAT.

You don't need more then one Emegency power skill. Just be sure to never blow all your defense at once or you will have issues.