Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
05-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexin_Cobra View Post
I don't want to be an escort, duh!

There is no balance as it is because escorts have too much power in everything. Over powered engines so you can't hold them, overpowered weapons so you can't defend against them, and shield powerful enough to keep you from finishing them off while they speed away out of your range or destroy you before you can kill them. If you going to give them the most powerful weapons then take away their speed. Why should they be able to destroy everything and get away, too? Big weapons move slow not fast. At least my idea gives everybody a way to balance out what they are lacking to help them compete with the best ships or teams. There will be true balance when any ship can fight toe to toe with an escort.
First Overpowered Engines? Not sure what this means, they have the same access to Engines everybody else does. I know I keep my Engine Power over 60 with an Escort because I usually have a Hyper Impulse Engine equipped (Omega set) and because that's how the engine likes to run. Using Combat Engines you'd want to keep it below 40. And Standard it won't matter. Now as for the Holding, Tractors rely on Aux power, how high is your Aux power? Do you pop an Aux battery before the Tractor Beam?

Overpower Weapons? Ahh DHC's they aren't so much overpowered as highly focused. Pop RSP or even Feedback Pulse and become immune to Weapons fire, hit em with a Jam Sensors it can screw up an attack run. They can't Sci Team out of it for 15s due to the Tac Team they used coming in.

Powerful Shields, again same choice of shields everyone else has but with only 90% the effectiveness. Only Fleet Escorts and Garumba's can chain EPtS1, so everything else is usually running around 70ish in shields.

The trick to beating Escorts is they have a 15 second window of Max damage, Alpha, CRF, TT1, APO and who knows maybe a High Yield (I use it). Than everything is on cooldown for 15s and 30s for the APO. That's the time to strike. The thing is a properly setup cruiser will survive those 15s.

There are Cruisers out there who know what they are doing, they just can't be killed by Solo Escorts, Sci ships who just chain shutdowns and debuffs onto the ship so it can't DPS or escape. And remember it's hard to use Sci Team, when you just used Tac Team.

Rather than shaking your fists at how easy it is to play an Escort, try and up your game and learn to play a Cruiser or Science ship. And yes IMO the easiest way to set the game difficulty to high is not through setting it to Elite, but in learning how to truly use a Sci ship.

And just to go for one major reason this is a bad idea, the C-Store ships are meant to be equal to the free Tier 5 ships, and in 99% of the cases they are. No single ship is so OP that flying anything else is a waste of time. This means the game doesn't have a Bank account advantage. While some consoles like anything Klingon or the Anti-Matter Spread are very helpful in the right circumstance, they are not a guarantee to win. Putting an extra BOFF slot where you please on the ship for C-Points means anybody who can't afford to do it is now in an inferior ship. The Balance of the game is ruined.

Quite literally I thought bumping the Ensign* to a Lt, and adding an extra Universal Console slot to each ship, would be a fair and easy way of taking all Tier 5 ships and making them Tier 6. Make the first upgrade free, every other ship would cost say 160k Dilitium for the upgrade

Four BOFF ships would simply get a promotion of the Lowest BOFF, so a BOP would be 4, 3, 3, 2 (12) and Carriers would be 4, 3, 3, 3 (13) compared to a normal ship 4, 3, 2, 2, 2 (13).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
05-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight1000
First Overpowered Engines? Not sure what this means, they have the same access to Engines everybody else does. I know I keep my Engine Power over 60 with an Escort because I usually have a Hyper Impulse Engine equipped (Omega set) and because that's how the engine likes to run. Using Combat Engines you'd want to keep it below 40. And Standard it won't matter. Now as for the Holding, Tractors rely on Aux power, how high is your Aux power? Do you pop an Aux battery before the Tractor Beam?

Overpower Weapons? Ahh DHC's they aren't so much overpowered as highly focused. Pop RSP or even Feedback Pulse and become immune to Weapons fire, hit em with a Jam Sensors it can screw up an attack run. They can't Sci Team out of it for 15s due to the Tac Team they used coming in.

Powerful Shields, again same choice of shields everyone else has but with only 90% the effectiveness. Only Fleet Escorts and Garumba's can chain EPtS1, so everything else is usually running around 70ish in shields.

The trick to beating Escorts is they have a 15 second window of Max damage, Alpha, CRF, TT1, APO and who knows maybe a High Yield (I use it). Than everything is on cooldown for 15s and 30s for the APO. That's the time to strike. The thing is a properly setup cruiser will survive those 15s.

There are Cruisers out there who know what they are doing, they just can't be killed by Solo Escorts, Sci ships who just chain shutdowns and debuffs onto the ship so it can't DPS or escape. And remember it's hard to use Sci Team, when you just used Tac Team.

Rather than shaking your fists at how easy it is to play an Escort, try and up your game and learn to play a Cruiser or Science ship. And yes IMO the easiest way to set the game difficulty to high is not through setting it to Elite, but in learning how to truly use a Sci ship.

And just to go for one major reason this is a bad idea, the C-Store ships are meant to be equal to the free Tier 5 ships, and in 99% of the cases they are. No single ship is so OP that flying anything else is a waste of time. This means the game doesn't have a Bank account advantage. While some consoles like anything Klingon or the Anti-Matter Spread are very helpful in the right circumstance, they are not a guarantee to win. Putting an extra BOFF slot where you please on the ship for C-Points means anybody who can't afford to do it is now in an inferior ship. The Balance of the game is ruined.

Quite literally I thought bumping the Ensign* to a Lt, and adding an extra Universal Console slot to each ship, would be a fair and easy way of taking all Tier 5 ships and making them Tier 6. Make the first upgrade free, every other ship would cost say 160k Dilitium for the upgrade

Four BOFF ships would simply get a promotion of the Lowest BOFF, so a BOP would be 4, 3, 3, 2 (12) and Carriers would be 4, 3, 3, 3 (13) compared to a normal ship 4, 3, 2, 2, 2 (13).
Dude do you really pay attention to the game? Listen to yourself, you sound like you just recently started this game. Just because you can get same engine and same shields and weapons don't mean they have same performance. A cruiser can't turn quick just because it has same engine as an escort, and it can not fly fast as an escort The Dreadnaughts can't hold a long volly of fire just becasue it has equiped same heavy cannons as the escort.

Quit trying to twis my words. I said the shields are strong enough for it to survive to get away or destroy first.

I don't need another LT Power. I need an slot added to my LT Tac BOFF so I can have LTC Tac BOFF. Other people may want the slot for somthing else.

Balance of the game was ruined when they decided that the ship carrying the heaviest weapons can fly the fastest, also when decided that Klingons should have better ship accessories than Feds.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
05-23-2012, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexin_Cobra View Post
Dude do you really pay attention to the game? Listen to yourself, you sound like you just recently started this game. Just because you can get same engine and same shields and weapons don't mean they have same performance. A cruiser can't turn quick just because it has same engine as an escort, and it can not fly fast as an escort The Dreadnaughts can't hold a long volly of fire just becasue it has equiped same heavy cannons as the escort.

Quit trying to twis my words. I said the shields are strong enough for it to survive to get away or destroy first.

I don't need another LT Power. I need an slot added to my LT Tac BOFF so I can have LTC Tac BOFF. Other people may want the slot for somthing else.

Balance of the game was ruined when they decided that the ship carrying the heaviest weapons can fly the fastest, also when decided that Klingons should have better ship accessories than Feds.
I'm not trying to twist your words, I thought the complaint was Escorts using overpowered engines that made them faster than Cruisers not Escorts could turn better Cruisers.

But Escorts and Cruisers with the Same power levels to the Same engine will travel at the same speed. The Escort will always turn better as part of being an Escort but the speeds are equal.

Here's the thing, the same weapons either on an escort or a cruiser will have the same output with the same power level. The thing that makes the DHC's on an Escort deadly is the various abilities the BOFFs use.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
05-23-2012, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight1000
I'm not trying to twist your words, I thought the complaint was Escorts using overpowered engines that made them faster than Cruisers not Escorts could turn better Cruisers.

But Escorts and Cruisers with the Same power levels to the Same engine will travel at the same speed. The Escort will always turn better as part of being an Escort but the speeds are equal.

Here's the thing, the same weapons either on an escort or a cruiser will have the same output with the same power level. The thing that makes the DHC's on an Escort deadly is the various abilities the BOFFs use.
The ships default ability is totally deffirent you can see the difference when you go to shipyard and trade ships in your inventory.

I'm seeing escorts outrunning torpedos and laser targeting, not just for a little bit but for the duration of a battle. They can fly in tight circles and fly in reverse faster than my cruiser can go forward. There is no other type of ship doing that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
05-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexin_Cobra View Post
The ships default ability is totally deffirent you can see the difference when you go to shipyard and trade ships in your inventory.

I'm seeing escorts outrunning torpedos and laser targeting, not just for a little bit but for the duration of a battle. They can fly in tight circles and fly in reverse faster than my cruiser can go forward. There is no other type of ship doing that.
What is Laser Targeting? Are we talking Beams? You can't outrun a beam, but they can miss.

If your seeing Escorts dodge that much stuff the person doing the shooting must have no Accuracy what so ever. As I said in the other thread, a Torpedo hits or Misses, only destructible Torpedoes can be outrun like High Yield Plasma. And I've outrun those in a Cruiser. EPS Flows, Set to high Engine power and Evasive Maneuvers.

I've never seen an escort fly backwards faster than another ship has flown forwards. I've seen an Escort pushed back super fast with Tractor Beam Repulsors ruining the shots of the guys team mates and allowing the Escort to live.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
05-23-2012, 12:32 PM
I only have to say that DKnight is right here. I never could take out a good cruiser in my escort, or a good sci ship. On the otherhand they couldn't kill me either.
I also can say that i'm an above average PVP player and that i have no problem destroying 90% of all cruisers or sci ships in PVP matches.

that leaves only one conclusion: 90% of all cruiser captains have wrong abilities or use it not right. The 10%that know what they are doing usually don't play alone, they have a team around them...as do I.

The result is: A more or less balanced PVP team match that ends 13-15, not allways for my team.

I consider that a balanced game, since both teams were good, but in the end some mistakes or superior focus at the right moment made all the difference.

Ofcourse, if there is one player on a team that is weak...the other team will target him once he spawns and the game ends 0-15. And in my opinion thats the imbalance in this game.

To alexin_cobra i can only suggest to fly an escort and see for himself (but don't make a built by yourself...google one), if he actually does we will see many posts from him in the future how overpowered X-shipclass is. Basically everything he writes is an incorrect assumption based on his failure to outtank an escort.
trying to convince him with facts and reasoning is wasted time anyway. he is convinced that he is right, let him.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
05-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudl View Post
I only have to say that DKnight is right here. I never could take out a good cruiser in my escort, or a good sci ship. On the otherhand they couldn't kill me either.
I also can say that i'm an above average PVP player and that i have no problem destroying 90% of all cruisers or sci ships in PVP matches.

that leaves only one conclusion: 90% of all cruiser captains have wrong abilities or use it not right. The 10%that know what they are doing usually don't play alone, they have a team around them...as do I.

The result is: A more or less balanced PVP team match that ends 13-15, not allways for my team.

I consider that a balanced game, since both teams were good, but in the end some mistakes or superior focus at the right moment made all the difference.

Ofcourse, if there is one player on a team that is weak...the other team will target him once he spawns and the game ends 0-15. And in my opinion thats the imbalance in this game.

To alexin_cobra i can only suggest to fly an escort and see for himself (but don't make a built by yourself...google one), if he actually does we will see many posts from him in the future how overpowered X-shipclass is. Basically everything he writes is an incorrect assumption based on his failure to outtank an escort.
trying to convince him with facts and reasoning is wasted time anyway. he is convinced that he is right, let him.
Rauidi is just a D A who want to call everybody wrong. He doesn't even like to read, just looking at picture and assuming he has all the answers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
05-24-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Rauidi is just a D A who want to call everybody wrong. He doesn't even like to read, just looking at picture and assuming he has all the answers.
not everybody, only those who are wrong. and sadly thats mostly you. I don't have all the answers, but i try to find them. If i don't know stuff i read about it or try it out myself. I suggest you do the same. Further more it seems that you never support your statements with facts, numbers, pics, etc...all you present in your postings are assumptions and wrong conclusions. When presented with facts that contradict your opinion you ignore them. Atleast if you have different opinions show some facts to support it, but ofcourse you can't do that, because they exist only in your head.

take only this thread as example: Nobody really understands your complains, because they are just randomely thrown around without any solid evidence.
most people try to explain to you the points where you are wrong, and you don't agnolish their reasoning.
They tell you of their experiance in PVP, PVE...which mostly contradicts yours, and you refuse to accept that maybe you made a mistake or misinterpreted something.
The forums are for exchange an evaluation of game experiance and share opinions, but if my experiance and opinions contradict a 100% of the rest of the community, a reevaluation is in order.
If 99% say, a single escort can't kill a cruiser with equal skills of the players, then maybe that is the truth. And i'm among the 1% that are wrong.

PS: atleast get the name right when calling me names...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
05-25-2012, 07:46 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
05-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Star Trek Online isn't your car. It's Cryptic's car. They just allow us to use it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:27 PM.