Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-20-2012, 05:39 PM
The ship interior and customization of crew listed by previous posters made possible by a modular build system derivative of an improved foundry tool that would make storytelling in STO more accessible and dynamic.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-21-2012, 08:49 AM
I've said this a few times in the past but I would LOVE to see a black market opened up on Ferenginar. You can go there and sell off your bound items, but the more valuable the item the higher the risk that SF finds out and you have the item confiscated and you end up having to pay a fine or some other penalty.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-21-2012, 09:19 AM
1) Mini games perhaps on a holodeck aboard ship

2) Changeable ship display on bridges ( changed like trophies, although apparently this is quite hard to do)

3) Enter your own info on the bridge plague

4) Ability to intercept & engage kdf players in sector space & visa versa (Maybe you can only do this when trespassing in territories, but can be turned off in options if you wish, so you don’t get pestered if ya don’t wanna be) dunno just a thought.

5) Smaller corridors in ship interior

6) Warp 10 in sector space changed to read 9.95 . . just a little bug me thing, since warp 10 is supposed to be impossible . . although has been done in the shows i realise.

7) Battle damage skin update, gets worse as hull health lowers . . starts with scorch marks, then breaches e.t.c . . can only be “cleaned” by flying through dry docks near starbases. I dunno about you but i’d like people to know i’ve been in a scrape, just like that scene in Search for spock when enterprise returns to spacedock all beat up.

8) Ability to set my own alert status. Green / Yellow / Red . . (I like the alert klaxon)

9) scan moons or uninhabited planets for samples / particles

10) Class, population, race readout on planets (doesn’t really do anything but nice touch i think, perhaps connected to scan for samples ?) how many times has this been done in the show.

Lt. Commander
# 14
05-21-2012, 02:48 PM
I want to see a Klingon/Federation war. Not his phony war that's supposedly going on now, but a real war. I see Klingon ships in Federation space all the time, but can I attack them? Noooo...they're blue. A Klingon ship caught in Federation space (and visa verse) should expect to get jumped by Fed players at any given time. Are we at war or aren't we?
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-22-2012, 02:31 AM
I was thinking.

To elaborate on point 4 in my previous post, and what would you guys think . . especially endgamers and more experienced players on both sides. here is an idea.

As well as being able to intercept and engage an enemy player in sector space (in the same way as the deep space encounters now), while they are in your territory . . i.e fed in klingon / klingon in fed space . . while romulan, cardassian, borg space remains neutral, so for example . . we’d all still be friends on DS9 and can’t attack one another. Of course thinking about it . . something would have to be put in place so that a tier 5 ship couldn’t just keep attacking tier 1 ships to rack up kills . . that would be unfair . . lol. Also perhaps have an option to turn this off . . if you don’t fancy being hassled, but if you fancy causing a ruckus . . turn it on and do some raiding of enemy space.

Perhaps this can be further expanded with a new sector block based on territory capture . . where both factions fight for ownership of systems & sectors within the block, rewards and boosts for joining in the battle and helping take a sector or system. I would say that this would be an add-on to the existing map, while territory in the current map . . wouldn’t be part of this idea.

I dunno, just spit-balling really . . i think it would be quite neat to be chased in sector space ?? After all we’ve seen it in the show people getting chased at warp . . ‘n’ so on ?? Plus we are supposed to be at war . . and i tell ya, i wouldn’t want an enemy hanging around in my back yard. :p
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-25-2012, 11:37 PM
I want the devs to finish the KDF faction (missions, bug fixes, etc.) and start working on a playable Romulan faction.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-25-2012, 11:50 PM
I want the 2 things I've been asking for for a long time.

1. The Excelsior Bridge/interior!!!
2. Caitians "Pounce" attack to have lunge 3 scrapped and made into something that is more a pounce attack, something similar to the Ravagers attacks on KDF which is more a true "Pounce" attack...

Anything else I would like has already been said and will be said by others
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-26-2012, 12:15 AM
Just one thing actually:

1) For this game to be more or less alive and showing a minimum 1 person growth rate for the next 5 years.