Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
05-17-2012, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chastity1337
I fly a Vo Quv also, and this sounds interesting.

Can you explain, please, how you fire a Quantum Torpedo every two seconds?
Using projectile weapons Doffs, which has a chance to reduce the cooldown of torps after you fire them. In a torp build, you stack three of them.

And yes, since carrier pets can now attack transformers and gates, its better to run heavy damage pets (BoPs) instead of using siphon drones (especially after the nerf) and just use your science powers to drain cubes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
05-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatriel
Using projectile weapons Doffs, which has a chance to reduce the cooldown of torps after you fire them. In a torp build, you stack three of them.

And yes, since carrier pets can now attack transformers and gates, its better to run heavy damage pets (BoPs) instead of using siphon drones (especially after the nerf) and just use your science powers to drain cubes.
OK, thanks very much for that info!


Next question - Given the Vo Quv's utter lack of anything that might be called maneuverability, how do you keep the nose pointed near enough to the enemy to use torpedoes?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
05-18-2012, 11:50 AM
clever use of turning at non-max throttle and good use of Evasive Maneuvers when needed
Snares help, of course.

In PvE this is certainly sufficient. I wouldn't hold my breath hoping to torpedo a human opponent in it, though,
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
05-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatriel
Using projectile weapons Doffs, which has a chance to reduce the cooldown of torps after you fire them. In a torp build, you stack three of them.

And yes, since carrier pets can now attack transformers and gates, its better to run heavy damage pets (BoPs) instead of using siphon drones (especially after the nerf) and just use your science powers to drain cubes.
me again-

My fleetmates and I have been having problems with the AI on the Slavers and Advanced Slavers. When given the far left command (attack what I'm attacking), they instead run off and attack some other random target.

Last night we failed the optional on an Elite STF because my Slavers ran off and popped something they shouldn't have.

Obviously this wouldn't have happened if I had been playing closer attention, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa, I'm not attempting to evade responsibility. Fortunately, my fleetmates were quite forgiving about it, but I still felt like a total jackass, and it ruined the fun.

Suggestions, please? (Other than the obvious "don't use Slavers for STF", a policy which I have already adopted)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
05-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Whenever I notice my pets misbehaving (i.e. seemingly ignoring my commands), I recall them. Lately I've become more pro-active about this instead of reactive.

Basically the "attack my target" command counts anything you or your party members have engaged. Sure, it certainly does prioritize your target, but if you're traveling to get in range of something the craft can use that time to speed off at another valid target -- and this may be across the map. Recall them and set them loose when you are in range, and that should minimize/eliminate that behaviour.

Granted, I say that and sometimes have a Fer'jai frigate on the other end of the map doing who knows what. Those buggers are fast and can quickly fly away, haha. But I've definitely had more success with my BoPs by reining them in. This helps me dictate when they strike a target, too, anyway.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
05-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Yes, i use to set BoP's "passive" (if you use recall they just cloak and follow you) when i switch from target to target. It helps to time their alpha strikes and eliminates problems with AI. Also i recall them when i notice them to be more than ~20-25km away. Ofc with smaller pets it will be harder to monitor their actions.
The only reason to let them loose is multiple small target combat (like spheres in infected), which is total mess aniway.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
05-24-2012, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chastity1337
me again-

My fleetmates and I have been having problems with the AI on the Slavers and Advanced Slavers. When given the far left command (attack what I'm attacking), they instead run off and attack some other random target.

Last night we failed the optional on an Elite STF because my Slavers ran off and popped something they shouldn't have.

Obviously this wouldn't have happened if I had been playing closer attention, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa, I'm not attempting to evade responsibility. Fortunately, my fleetmates were quite forgiving about it, but I still felt like a total jackass, and it ruined the fun.

Suggestions, please? (Other than the obvious "don't use Slavers for STF", a policy which I have already adopted)
if there is 2 or more carriers with the same hangers equipt it causes that bug. Basically what i do now is hit recall wait till they all return then intercept...while your doing that toggle back to recall alot. that way as you are in downtime they stay close to you. Your not the first person to screw up infected or cure due to stupid pets. Last night a fleet mate goes hey your fighter is on the other side of the board soloing the cube in cure. I recalled fast cause i know it can kill the cube ive watched it sadly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
05-24-2012, 06:43 AM
yesterday i use my advanced slavers in stf KA, Infected and Cure... i was play with 2 carrier more in two opportunities, but my slavers dont missed...

If 1 person of my team attack my pets attacts too... if i attack and they are not in battle they comming with me... Remember that;
... when you go out first time your pets if you no have selected option of behavior them attack the most closed target
... if someone in your team attack your pets attacts too

yes, if you attack your pets attack your target if them no have target yet, them go back with you when you recall them only if they are no in attack some target
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
05-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaemon View Post
Yes, i use to set BoP's "passive" (if you use recall they just cloak and follow you) when i switch from target to target. It helps to time their alpha strikes and eliminates problems with AI. Also i recall them when i notice them to be more than ~20-25km away. Ofc with smaller pets it will be harder to monitor their actions.
The only reason to let them loose is multiple small target combat (like spheres in infected), which is total mess aniway.

OK, your comment about "set to passive" lost me completely.

I see 4 options, 4 little buttons to press. None of them are called Passive. Is there another set of options hidden somewhere?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
05-26-2012, 12:30 AM
I believe he either means "escort" or "recall".

I've been using it. Liking it but it's very different from the BoP. The main benefit I've seen is that between dropping turrets, the scorpion fighters, your own fighters in the hangar, photonic fleet, your own weapons and your science skills, you can bring a lot of pain. The downside is if all of the Jem'Hadar at the end of Boldly They Rode decide to fire on you all at once like they did me last week, you will blow up no matter how many shields you have. I assume my pets were all attacking different ships which drew their fire. Or maybe luck of the draw. It's a chaotic scene.

I can't imagine this not happening in PvP. Like going after the wizard before attacking the fighter.

But yeah, the size and slowness makes me think it's a tank. But it's very much a sci ship.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:30 PM.