Lt. Commander
# 11
05-25-2012, 12:40 AM
The War room would display on a holographic map the locations of all active players
And I was suggesting it as additional to a control room

Dabo is sort of contrary to Starfleet principles

and I mean an armoury where you go talk to an Npc and he allows you access to the Fleets weapons without all the "bank cheating" that goes on
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-25-2012, 03:15 AM
Quote:
and I mean an armoury where you go talk to an Npc and he allows you access to the Fleets weapons without all the "bank cheating" that goes on
allthough i don't know what "bank cheating" means, i find it an interesting idea to have an armory NPC.
Maybe someone that sells weapons for dilithium...like it is now the button attached to the mini map, but the twist would be, that the higher the fleet in terms of accolades or other fleet action achievements the better the weapons become, or the prices drop.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-25-2012, 03:23 AM
people cheating the bank (stealing)
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-25-2012, 06:09 AM
yeah, i hear a lot of fleetmembers robbing fleetbanks nowadays. wouldn't be possible in the fleet i joined since we use heavy restrictions to withdraw items...up until the point where only the fleetleader is able to give away items from the fleetbank.

So the stealing is mainly because fleets can't keep their deposits save, which is a player issue.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-26-2012, 02:05 AM
well that's a debate for another thread guys. but for now, we are sticking with the earthspace dock idea- each upgrade giving another section to the baseAttachment 4574
first starbase- club 39
second star base: exchange and bank
third star base: stateroom and personnel
4th star base: shipyard and the fleet commander's office
5th star base: command center:
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-26-2012, 07:53 AM
from what i took out of the little information they gave, they will do something completely original, so i'm not even sure if the circle segment thing like ESD will be there.
Personally i would love to something new, other than running in circles^^

i think they should have enough material to work with just by viewing DS9 the later seasons, when sisko is stationed with the defiant at a starbase (?)

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/ar...erspective.jpg
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/ar...orthebold2.jpg

every subsection of the station has its disk, i found that more refreshing compared to the circular sectioned design.

would have loved to see one of those types in game instead of the ones they have for starbase 39 or 24
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-27-2012, 04:39 PM
your links don't work. please re-post.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Yes, hopefully we get some original maps. Hell, even throw the Utopia Planitia map as an option for Starbases.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-30-2012, 08:04 AM
Quote:
your links don't work. please re-post.
not able to do so, seems to be gone...don't know what happend! Sry!

But it was the starbase from the movies...the smaller research facilities. Or the fleetbase shown in DS9 during the dominion war.
http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=h...9QEwAA&dur=811

something like that.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-30-2012, 09:49 AM
I just hope they didn't take notes on how the "Guild Halls" from Guild Wars are. It's empty, and ou have to BUY vendors and anything else. No discount or anything.

I would like to see some sort of "Distress Call" system, sort of a fleet LFG thing.
Wouldn't mind some sort of "Ship Crafting" system. Something better than the Delta Flyer Crafting.
Wouldn't mind a "Mission Hosting" system, where missions that take place on or around the station. You can invite people into a group and launched from there.
Wouldn't mind seeing a Boff training center. Send a BOFF to train and it comes back with different powers or something.