Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
Ok I just bought the Atrox and was wondering what kind of set ups would be good for STFs.

Fore weapons: Anti-Proton beam array, Tetryon beam array, Quantum Torpedo. (All Borg and mk xi)
Aft weapons: Anti-Proton beam array, Tetryon beam array, Anti-Proton turret. (All Borg and mk xi)
Deflector: MACO mk xii
Impulse: MACO mk xii
Shields: MACO mk xii
Hanger: Peregrine fighters (green quality) or Danube Runabouts (green quality)

I am wondering if anyone knows any good fighter ships for the hanger I have been debating between Advanced Danube or Advanced Peregrine. Also I am wondering if someone knows good weapon set ups. I am good on Bridge officer powers and engineering consoles donít need advice on that.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-26-2012, 06:47 PM
buy all the blue ones different fighters for different jobs
" Role Fighter Squad Weapon Projectile Abilities
Attack Type 10 Shuttles 3 Phaser Polarize Hull
Attack Advanced Peregrine Fighters 3 Phaser Quantum
Multirole Advanced Danube Runabouts 2 Phaser Chroniton Tractor Beam
Multirole Advance Delta Flyers 2 Phaser Transphasic Tachyon Beam
Support Reinforced Shield Repair Units 2 Shield Heal, Reinforced Hull
Stealth Advance Stalker Fighters 3 Tetryon Placate, AUX Drain, Antiproton Sweep, Stealth"
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Go all beams. turrets arnt worth it unless you are using a build working your front 90 for things like GW and similar.
Ditch the torps all you fighters have torps or equivalents. If you really want a torps go for a big one like a tricobalt, breen cluster, or similar.
I personally prefer phasers, but the damage type you run doesn't matter to much.

Full MACO is pointless. 3pc Borg + shield of choice (MACO likely the best option).

For fighters there are only really 3 that matter.
Runabouts. good for both pvp and pve, usually one hangar is enough unless you are going full on tractor troll.
Peregrines. good for pve dps, workable for pvp dps/phaser spam.
Stalkers. Good pvp dose/shield busters. There aux draining is rather useful swell specialy against other carriers.

Personally I run 1x runabout 1x peregrine for pve and 1x runabout 1x stalker for pvp.

Only use the blue fighters, don't even bother with greens unless you have to.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtSmith
Ok I just bought the Atrox and was wondering what kind of set ups would be good for STFs.

Fore weapons: Anti-Proton beam array, Tetryon beam array, Quantum Torpedo. (All Borg and mk xi)
Aft weapons: Anti-Proton beam array, Tetryon beam array, Anti-Proton turret. (All Borg and mk xi)
Deflector: MACO mk xii
Impulse: MACO mk xii
Shields: MACO mk xii
Hanger: Peregrine fighters (green quality) or Danube Runabouts (green quality)

I am wondering if anyone knows any good fighter ships for the hanger I have been debating between Advanced Danube or Advanced Peregrine. Also I am wondering if someone knows good weapon set ups. I am good on Bridge officer powers and engineering consoles donít need advice on that.
yeah to be honest most of your DPS is going to be from your fighters, your weapons are actually going to be your secondary damage source. I would focus mainly on getting your BOFF sci skills up, healing, and AOE Crowd Control abilities like Gravity Well and Tykin's rift.

in terms of your fighters I noticed Danubes and Peregrines do pretty well, with the Danubes using tractor beam and the peregrines doing DPS.

and try to keep you fighters alive.

I wish Cryptic would put in a Pet Control panel, much like the team panel where i can keep track of the stats of each fighter shield and hull, and be able to click and heal accordingly. Plus a dismiss command to watch my pets land on the carrier would be a nice touch.

as far as set use the 3pc Borg + Aegis, technically you can use what ever shield you want, but I like Aegis.

-AE
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Thanks for all the input and I have noticed that the Borg set is really helping a lot with survivability a lot more than my MACO set was doing.

Also does anyone have a particular boff and console set up that is ok for STF's.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-26-2012, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NexusDragoon View Post
buy all the blue ones different fighters for different jobs
" Role Fighter Squad Weapon Projectile Abilities
Attack Type 10 Shuttles 3 Phaser Polarize Hull
Attack Advanced Peregrine Fighters 3 Phaser Quantum
Multirole Advanced Danube Runabouts 2 Phaser Chroniton Tractor Beam
Multirole Advance Delta Flyers 2 Phaser Transphasic Tachyon Beam
Support Reinforced Shield Repair Units 2 Shield Heal, Reinforced Hull
Stealth Advance Stalker Fighters 3 Tetryon Placate, AUX Drain, Antiproton Sweep, Stealth"
Why? I'd suggest getting one adv Peregrine Fighter to pair with an Adv Stalker. That is your general purpose fighter setup for STF and the like. I like an ADV Delta Flyer for PVE mission, and I play with a type 10 in normal missions against the borg. I haven't tried the shield RU yet, and although I hear they're good, I haven't needed them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-26-2012, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtSmith
Thanks for all the input and I have noticed that the Borg set is really helping a lot with survivability a lot more than my MACO set was doing.

Also does anyone have a particular boff and console set up that is ok for STF's.
treat the carrier like a sci ship, since it is. Find and get Gravity Well 3 is you can, but use gravity well. Find a Doff Gravimetric Scientist highest rarity you can, with the ability to create aftershock gravity wells.

this will allow you to not only immobilize several targets, but pull them together so your pets can swarm and focus fire.

I would use Tyken's Rift, with scramble sensors and healing abilities. Also Keep in mind, you are Carrier, which means you can engage a target outside of the 10 KM limit with your fighters, use that to your advantage.

-AE
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-27-2012, 05:23 AM
Advaced Stalker Fighters perform extremely well in elite STFs. If set on intercept, they can pretty much shut down tactical cube's damage (taking out torpedos and disabling targetting overall).

Also, note that the Thoron Devices are actually torpedos, and as such deal kinetic damage (when comparing them to peregines, it's good to know they're not torpedoless).

As for turrets, you might wanna consider using enough beams to use your subsystem attacks and take turrets for the remaining slots. This will help your firing arc tremendously, as well as proc more often. As stated, your own damage is rather weak so you won't be losing much (with the extra arc, you may even gain some dps overall).

Finally, I personally use an Energy Siphon build which works well with the slow turnrate, and it does pretty well for me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-27-2012, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentExeider View Post
I wish Cryptic would put in a Pet Control panel, much like the team panel where i can keep track of the stats of each fighter shield and hull, and be able to click and heal accordingly. Plus a dismiss command to watch my pets land on the carrier would be a nice touch.

as far as set use the 3pc Borg + Aegis, technically you can use what ever shield you want, but I like Aegis.

-AE
yes, i'd like something similar from city of heros, their Masterminds could dismiss and resummon pets at will, but the way fighters and stuff are set, it would be harder or should i say, more pointless as right now when you launch a new wing, it just despawns the old one, now if there was a "bring all wings to max" kind of button, i would like the idea of dismissing single fighters that are badly damaged.