Since my main intrest in STO is pvp and builds i always had a very close look at combat logs, i have tryed many different parsers and after some time i came up with a few things that were missing:
In other games like EvE everyone used Killboards for keeping track of what they did regarding pvp encounters, in STO i have not found anything organized like this.
- Team Based Statistics
If you are not intrested on just "your" numbers but your team ones or the numbers of your opposing team you need statistics splitted between teams.
If i want to analyze a combat log i need to have the parser and the log itself, i wanted something that could allowe me to review "old" stuff and compare results without keeping tracks of all the individual logs and i wanted to do this even from work or similar.
During my EvE times with a friend we developed a brand-new killboard with features that were lacking in the "old" eve-dev killboard, we have decided to work on something new and more challenging:
A new Killboard for Star Trek Online!
The goals of this project are the followings, in green the completed ones:
- Web Based interface for viewing battle reports - Web Based interface for uploading Combat Logs - Automated and Quick parsing that recognize different "battles" in a single Combat Log - All statistics must be splitted between the two opposing teams - Detailed statistics for every individual "kill" - Detailed statistics for every individual "captain" split by Damage and Healing
- Tactical information like focus fire on target, focus fire on shield facing etc
- Graphics and Visual features like graphs and charts
- Suggest a Feature!
What we need now is FEEDBACK and SUGGESTIONS, down here you can find the "temporary" link for the STO Killboard BETA, be aware that we will WIPE the database often until we complete the beta phase, upload as many CombatLogs as you can and check the data, report here any "error" you find so that we will work on them.
How do i use it?
- Enable combat logs with the command "/CombatLogs 1" in chat
- Do your pvp engagements
- Gather the file named "CombatLog.log" from your STO folder
- Zip the file if it's over 10mb in size
- Upload it to the website