Lt. Commander
# 1 Vo'Quv Tactics
05-26-2012, 12:45 AM
I know. I know. The best tactic in PvE is to just show up.

I had the idea of dropping their shields like the science wizard I am and then throwing two tricolbats or heavy plasmas at them. I've yet to try it so who knows?

But I was wondering what the more experienced warriors have found works well with this big sluggard of a ship. A nice mix of pets? Standing just out of phaser range and letting the BoPs handle it? Being a Borg?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-26-2012, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370
I know. I know. The best tactic in PvE is to just show up.

I had the idea of dropping their shields like the science wizard I am and then throwing two tricolbats or heavy plasmas at them. I've yet to try it so who knows?

But I was wondering what the more experienced warriors have found works well with this big sluggard of a ship. A nice mix of pets? Standing just out of phaser range and letting the BoPs handle it? Being a Borg?
Target Subsystems Shields 3, Gravity Well 3 and Tykens Rift work wonders for the Vo'Quv.

Advance Bird of Prey are your best friends.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-27-2012, 01:16 AM
jokeing arround PVE carrier I tend to use Adv Slavers every now and then I get a few contraband.

More serious builds I would considder tetryon glider 2 part Omega, and 2 part borg. Phased polaron beams, or tetryon beam arrays. 0Gambit0 abilities and tactics. But play arround with the standard pets before you sink dilithium into the ADV versions.

Case in point if you cant drop the shield arch that your bird of preys choose to attack there torpedosare less effective and you may with to use 1 set Orion Slavers/Orion Fighters to swarm the target damageing shields, and 1 set of Birds of Prey to get spike dammage.

A set of Adv Birds of prey all attacking the same ship with no shields will die possibly on the first pass. Thats the advantage of a carriers pets if one thing is not working get out of combat and swap a pet to see if it helps more. Haveing trubble droping shields so BoP can do the damage get send out some slavers/Orion Intercepterts/Syphon drones. Yous shields were not holding as well as you like deploy some shield repaire drones. You want to make some extra money send out the slavers, need contraband eventually the Adv Slavers will get you some.