Lt. Commander
# 441
05-23-2012, 08:36 AM
Been having a nightmare on IGE these past few days. IGE is my final bit of tech. Been having troubke getting groups toegther so been pugging it. God, the noobs (well, I say noobs, maybe idiots is more the correct word) I have had that simply won't listen to instructions. You tell them what to do for the boss fight and they still go on with their turrets, security team and shard and aggro they whole lot despite being told not too. Then there are those that agree to be jumpers and the run off as you are going around, instead killing random Borg, which slows you down and causes more respawns.

I'm taking a break from it for 3-4 days I reckon. I've started to become grumpy and moan at these people, which is out of character for me.
Lt. Commander
# 442
05-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChup47
Been having a nightmare on IGE these past few days. IGE is my final bit of tech. Been having troubke getting groups toegther so been pugging it. God, the noobs (well, I say noobs, maybe idiots is more the correct word) I have had that simply won't listen to instructions. You tell them what to do for the boss fight and they still go on with their turrets, security team and shard and aggro they whole lot despite being told not too. Then there are those that agree to be jumpers and the run off as you are going around, instead killing random Borg, which slows you down and causes more respawns.

I'm taking a break from it for 3-4 days I reckon. I've started to become grumpy and moan at these people, which is out of character for me.
I know exactly what you mean. IGE is my final piece of tech. It's been driving me crazy. I used to be able to get a group together and run it, with the optional, easily. Now I almost never get the optional. The groups have been better in the boss room for the past week. But, there was a good month when I would do a run with a group that would get to the end and not be able to finish the final room.

I will do IGE until I get the tech. I don't care about the optional anymore. I will do no more than two attempts in the final room. After that, I'll leave. I'm not going to spend more time trying to beat Rebecca than it took for the whole rest of the map.
Lt. Commander
# 443 Darn it!
05-24-2012, 04:03 PM
My darn laptop dies today. I really wanted to be annoying in a STF or two but I need to finish rebuilding it.

This is my second day off and I'm stuck rebuilding a laptop. Don't ya just hate that???

No STF's today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 444
05-24-2012, 04:08 PM
I recall Infected Ground last night we had one weak link during the Boss fight at the end and just prolonged the entire thing actually got us killed more than once. Just aggravating to the point of hair ripping out.
Lt. Commander
# 445
05-25-2012, 04:29 AM
Played CSE earlier, and had one of those experiences where one bad player ruined it for everyone.
Okay - there was myself, using my MVAE, two Galaxy classes (one using Borg everything – visuals enabled), another MVAE and an Odyssey. It started well, with someone saying "Hi" and receiving a few replies - which, I feel, is usually a good sign.

All started fine - those of us communicating agreed to the usual tactic of dealing with the generator spheres first and then the cubes, with one person defending the Kang and a second person providing backup Kang protection if required.

All went to plan initially - generator spheres on first two cubes were taken out, the Kang didn't drop below 96% and, aside from Borg-Galaxy going boom fairly often, it looked as if we were not only going to complete the mission, but we were going to get the optional too.

The person who greeted us at the beginning gave a reminder to leave the cubes alone until all sphere-generators dealt with so we mopped up the BOPs and made our way over to the final cube that still had sphere-generators. However, the aforementioned Borg-Galaxy wasn't with the group - I initially assumed he was awaiting respawn, as he wasn't near the Kang and there wasn't, at that moment, anything heading toward it.

However, it transpired that Borg-Galaxy wasn't awaiting respawn - he'd made his way toward cube 2 and started firing at it. No amount of shouting "SPHERES FIRST - LEAVE THE CUBE ALONE FOR NOW" made him stop and cube 2 went bang. The rest of us immediately turned our attention to the ships that had, obviously, spawned and to our credit managed to deal with most of them , all the time continuing attempts to get Borg-Galaxy’s attention. In the meantime the timer ticked down to zero, so that was the optional gone, and we were in pretty bad shape from defending the Kang – we’d all thrown heals etc at it and it goes without saying that if you’re throwing everything into healing the Kang, you’ve little left to use to heal yourself.

Then cube 1 went boom, again courtesy of Borg-Galaxy (can't help but wonder why he didn't stop to think why no-one else was shooting them at the very least).

Anyway, as mentioned, we hadn’t managed to kill all of cube 3’s spheres, so that was still vomiting BOP’s, and we had another swarm of premature cube-kill raptors/Negh’vars to contend with. We certainly gave it a good shot (aside from Borg-Galaxy – the best he did was explode too close to a Raptor) but despite our persistence the mission, with help from the stupid respawn timer increase, went Kobiyashi Maru and Borg-Galaxy vanished mere seconds after the dreaded red text of fail appeared.
Lt. Commander
# 446
05-25-2012, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01
Played CSE earlier, and had one of those experiences where one bad player ruined it for everyone.
Okay - there was myself, using my MVAE, two Galaxy classes (one using Borg everything – visuals enabled), another MVAE and an Odyssey. It started well, with someone saying "Hi" and receiving a few replies - which, I feel, is usually a good sign.

All started fine - those of us communicating agreed to the usual tactic of dealing with the generator spheres first and then the cubes, with one person defending the Kang and a second person providing backup Kang protection if required.

All went to plan initially - generator spheres on first two cubes were taken out, the Kang didn't drop below 96% and, aside from Borg-Galaxy going boom fairly often, it looked as if we were not only going to complete the mission, but we were going to get the optional too.

The person who greeted us at the beginning gave a reminder to leave the cubes alone until all sphere-generators dealt with so we mopped up the BOPs and made our way over to the final cube that still had sphere-generators. However, the aforementioned Borg-Galaxy wasn't with the group - I initially assumed he was awaiting respawn, as he wasn't near the Kang and there wasn't, at that moment, anything heading toward it.

However, it transpired that Borg-Galaxy wasn't awaiting respawn - he'd made his way toward cube 2 and started firing at it. No amount of shouting "SPHERES FIRST - LEAVE THE CUBE ALONE FOR NOW" made him stop and cube 2 went bang. The rest of us immediately turned our attention to the ships that had, obviously, spawned and to our credit managed to deal with most of them , all the time continuing attempts to get Borg-Galaxy’s attention. In the meantime the timer ticked down to zero, so that was the optional gone, and we were in pretty bad shape from defending the Kang – we’d all thrown heals etc at it and it goes without saying that if you’re throwing everything into healing the Kang, you’ve little left to use to heal yourself.

Then cube 1 went boom, again courtesy of Borg-Galaxy (can't help but wonder why he didn't stop to think why no-one else was shooting them at the very least).

Anyway, as mentioned, we hadn’t managed to kill all of cube 3’s spheres, so that was still vomiting BOP’s, and we had another swarm of premature cube-kill raptors/Negh’vars to contend with. We certainly gave it a good shot (aside from Borg-Galaxy – the best he did was explode too close to a Raptor) but despite our persistence the mission, with help from the stupid respawn timer increase, went Kobiyashi Maru and Borg-Galaxy vanished mere seconds after the dreaded red text of fail appeared.
Unfortunately their are some people in STFS who do not listen to team/fleetmates and just shoot at everything and have chat minimized and disabled voice chat which often results in the loss of the mission or optional if not both and a lot of pugs have poorly equipped ships. Many of the players in PUGS have never teamed with people before and decide to instantly go into Elites without playing Normal's first
Lt. Commander
# 447
05-25-2012, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake81499 View Post
PuGs are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
And there's always a danger that they "May Contain Nuts".

(sorry...) :p
Lt. Commander
# 448
05-25-2012, 11:30 AM
So CSE had a fun one today.

I'm a carrier, and this is honestly my second time doing CSE *Last time I tried guarding kang with one other, ended up fail and that was a friends group). So I mention this, and ask what setup they want my hangers to be in. 2 advanced bops, 2 syphons, or 1/1. Or even shield repair shuttles.

Guy goes "2 bops, then for final boss swap to syphons." He then goes one of those order of kills, and I swear I see "MM" at start. Anyway, so we go smoothly, probes in middle are destroyed and I start moving off. Vo'quv's of course, take a while to turn and I end up going toward left as it's closer. My four advanced birds of prey continue attack run as I hit recall. THEY pop the cube, then everybody starts ranting about how "Some idiot popped the cube!"

I go, kinda sarcastically "Forgive me that my birds of prey didn't retreat the second I told them to." and they still go on about how an idiot popped the middle cube.

Best part? We still got optional without any problems. And that wasn't a pug, that was an elitestf channel group.

Edit: Lesson I say to take from this? don't ***** at a carrier captain just cause their pets do something massively stupid. ESPECIALLY if everything remains under control. I'd accept their *****ing if let's say, they got swarmed and lost optional. But the kang NEVER took damage the entire match.
Lt. Commander
# 449 Omg
05-27-2012, 06:36 AM
There I was....

The start of a ISE.

I say 'Hi' as usual.

No responce.

Some guy bypasses the entry cube and nodes and heads right.

He's screaming 'Why can't I shoot this cube?' Why does it have this shield around it?''

Then everyone else goes left after the entry stuff is dead.

The noobe stays right still not understanding what's going on.

Later I see why, Technicolor Rainbow Beams on an Oddy.

That explained it all.

No suprise. :p

And NOBODY said a word to him except me, 'Over Here' is all I said and only once.

He didn't come.
Lt. Commander
# 450
05-28-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake81499 View Post
He's screaming 'Why can't I shoot this cube?' Why does it have this shield around it?''
He didn't come.
Wow. That guy needs to get on the forums and read the STF guide for n00bs. Hopefully that was his first time . . .

Anyway. I went into ISE and we literally took forty minutes. It was not fun. Luckily, at least one of my teamates was using chat and we finally got coordinated and beat it.