Lt. Commander
# 11
05-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight1000
There are people who reccomend

EPtW1 > RSP1 > EPtS3 > AtSIF3
EPtW1 > DEM1 > EPtS3

But personally I'm not a fan. (EPtW = Emergency Power to Weapons.) Runing the 4 cooldowns in sequence can be a little tiresome unless you want to run Keybinds, and I'm still having issues with that.
I highly recommend chaining EPtW1, EPtS3, AtSIF3 and TT1 (two copies of each save AtSIF3). What I do personally is I set up the keybinds to constantly spam one row of my tray and link that (and fire all energy weapons) to my spacebar. Unfortunately this has caused some issues for one of my toons (I can't get the seventh slot to trigger so no AtSIF3). However, even without that, the other six make me a VERY tough nut to crack.

I would consider carrying Engineering Team 2, as a side note. You'd have to ease up on your other 'Team' powers since they share a cooldown, but a properly timed ET2 can save your butt or someone else's. Short of Miracle Worker, it is AFAIK the best burst heal in the game (except, of course, ET3).
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudl View Post
i'm not sure about that EPS will increase the actual heal of EPtS, since it is nowhere stated to do that. But i may be wrong.
In any way, he is better off removing one EPS console and putting the assimilated console in it's place.
There's an important distinction to be made here.

The EPS console affects the power transfer rate, and so far as I know not much else. There are a few situations where this helps (e.g. Beam Overload) but for the most part it's pretty useless insofar as recharging weapon power.

The EPS skill, on the other hand, does all a console does and more. While it too does not affect weapon recharge rate, it boosts performance with Emergency Power to X abilities.

So yes, the EPS console doesn't do a whole lot. This has been raised in the forums before, although the EPS console perception seems to be clinging in-game.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-27-2012, 08:14 AM
myself i only use 1 EPS console on my defiant, because i use BO3. myself i don't use it on any other ship.
i exclusively use engi console slots for for universal consoles: assimilated and the turret system consoles+the cloak or 1 EPS.

when i remove the EPS, i can really feel the longer time it takes to get weapon power back up after BO3
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-27-2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_1999
I highly recommend chaining EPtW1, EPtS3, AtSIF3 and TT1 (two copies of each save AtSIF3). What I do personally is I set up the keybinds to constantly spam one row of my tray and link that (and fire all energy weapons) to my spacebar. Unfortunately this has caused some issues for one of my toons (I can't get the seventh slot to trigger so no AtSIF3). However, even without that, the other six make me a VERY tough nut to crack.
I personally don't like running two TT1's on a Cruiser just because it uses up so many slots. And a good Conn Officer can get it down to almost as fast as chaining two.

I run Projectile, Conn (TT) Conn (EM, Warp Theroist (Bonus power on EPtX) and Shield Distro. I'd drop the Evasive if I could think of a better guy. I've thought about doubling up on Shields and Torps but just don't find myself using the ability enough to justify it.

Red what DOFFs do you run?