Lt. Commander
# 1 Duty officers
05-26-2012, 06:34 PM
Alright I give up. I read up on them on wiki. Ive gone to the npcs, and I am making small head way. So I need some help sorting this mess out. The reason for this is I would like to get my hands on the Reman prototype Deflector and impulse engines.
So how do you specifically choose a specific race? I wnat my duty officers to be Andorians only, just like my Bridge officers.
Why am I unable to assign bridge officers to available missions? Even though there just sitting there?
When Do I start seeing something good out of this pain my but.
Also for some reason I cant seem to find my tactical duty officer in my ship interior, any ideas on where that one is.

So any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-26-2012, 07:18 PM
unless you buy them off the exchange, or find them in the DOff store from Lt Ferra when you unlock high enough levels, you cannot just pick a race.

Bridge officers are different from Duty officers, which is why you cannot send BO's on DO missions. if you miss typed, some missions require certain traits and abilities not found on certain species. which means if you limit yourself to an all andorian DO crew, your going to miss out on a lot of missions. Also, not Every race is found under every profession.

if i recall the Tactical DO mission guy is actually talked to from the console in your ready room.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-28-2012, 04:21 PM
At Starfleet Academy, there are several cultural exchange officers that will let you get doffs of a specific race. Andorian, Tellarite, and Vulcan are represented there. A number of other races are represented in random sector and department head (operations, specifically) missions, or at the end of the consulate chains around Cardassian space, but since you're looking for Andorian, it's right there at Starfleet Academy.

It's much slower than recruiting from the general pool, but Andorians are one of the more common races for the Federation (less common than humans, but similar to Vulcans) so combined will give you a reasonable number.