Lt. Commander
Prologue:

I'm playing a KDF toon as my main, and it happens almost every time I change sectors that I recieve the buff "Diplomatic Immunity" from a Federation player. As this buff mainly exists to give the Feds the ability to access Omega Leonis, something a KDF can do naturally, I consider recieving it kind of pointless.

So why not make it meaningful to recieve that buff?

Suggestion:

Give a KDF-player with "Diplomatic Immunity" or a Fed-player with "Marauding Unit" access to the Sol-System or Qo'nos respectivly (This requires to have both buffs as you need the other to access the respective sector!). Their they would have access to everything with the exception of the respective Shipyards and Academies. Also give each place an embassy of the other faction, where you can get special espionage and/or diplomatic/marauding doff-assignments or even missions (think about the KDF-only part on Bajor where you have to install surveillance-equipment and imagine doing this in the Great Hall or the Admiral's office).
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-28-2012, 07:20 AM
Diplomatic immunity and raiding party also give a buf to your warp coil, thus making you faster in sector space. So chances are someone is just trying to hook you up with faster speed not the ability to transit into enemy territory.

I always cast DI on my fellow Starfleet Captains when I'm in Siruius Sector, especially those poor LT's flying the Miranda (LT/Miranda's - the closest way to experience a five year mission in this game lol). And don't worry haters I always try to hit up the KDF as well, especially during tour

Interesting idea though...i wonder if there was ever something planned along those lines back in the day this game was first being mapped out by the Devs...case in point when on ESD click a NPC security officer and they have a high amount of hit points rather than being invincible...

Like the embassy idea...maybe if not done already...could be a cool foundry mission....
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcarson
Diplomatic immunity and raiding party also give a buf to your warp coil, thus making you faster in sector space. So chances are someone is just trying to hook you up with faster speed not the ability to transit into enemy territory.

[...] And don't worry haters I always try to hit up the KDF as well, especially during tour
I know the few times I've logged in to do a tour this has happened for me. I never quite catch who's tossed it on me, but I definitely appreciate it.

I really don't grind my doffs enough. All of my admirals/generals are still sittin' around in rank 1 or 2.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-28-2012, 03:24 PM
I remember being on my kdf in sirus and popped raiding party on a noob ship, the player stopped dead on his tracks. Prolly a new player that thought I was trying to pvp him lol.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-28-2012, 10:45 PM
some "buffs" can really ruin your day

extend shields for example looks a LOT like an attack and has more than once had me popping a full array of counter measures
so there you are with your hull polarised , hazard emitters a spread of quantum mines and a full volley of torps

and bingo you notice its a ship on your own side