Lt. Commander
# 1 how to chat?
05-28-2012, 03:24 AM
OK, I have been playing now for 3 months, made it ot lev 50, but, I have never spoken to anyone.

To day I made the plunge, I went to the entrance of the bank, Clicked on on player and tried to speak, She accepted me a a friend, but,,,,,, when it was obvious that I didn't know what to do she dropped me as a friend and took off.

I'll be around the bank today, "Frederic Von Deathblow" If any one wants to school me,,,or if any one can
respond here to tell me in simple terms how to speak to another player "face to face" at stardock or any where in the game, I'd be greatful.

I'm sure others would like to talk to some of the obvious outrageous characters we see walking around.
Sometimes you just want to say you appreciate the effort these people have made,

I saw a guy who was made up as bettlejuice and wanted to say "great job" but couldn't figure it out,

anyway thanks for reading this post.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-28-2012, 03:43 AM
First off...can you see what other people are saying? I know, dumb question but still.
If not, then you need to go into your chat options and click on "Zone" and that should take care of it.
If you can see what people are saying, you might be bugged, and will need to submit a ticket to support.
Those are the only things I can think of.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-29-2012, 05:32 AM
Did you at some point minimize your Chat? There should be a small Starfleet or KDF symbol in your lower left (that's the standard position for chat). If you have opened it, you should probably start seeing people that chat (provided you are in a busy place - Earth Space Dock uusally is). If not, you may have to right-click and enable zone and/or local chat.