Lt. Commander
# 171
05-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMerzan
ok personaly i dont know why you keep going back and forth if you leave then just leave and because your going back and forth is not fair to thoughs of us who lisen watch you,to you to get information if be cant depend upon you then so be it, i know this sounds harsh but this is now twice this year of you doing this, i aplaud the other podcast whi are staying around and helping the comunity to try and get cryptic and pw to open there eyes, i guess chris has a new shiny of tor that got his eye for now. We have supported you it would be nice to receave the same from you.
A bold statement, ill accept your criticism as your opinion, and the minority opinion at that. You seem woefully uninformed as to the reasons for this years earlier hiatus, and either did not listen to or understand the recent events. But im not here to invalidate/validate your statement. But in regards to supporting the community.... well ill just let our work speak foe itself.
Lt. Commander
# 172
05-29-2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaLlama2010
I am 100% in agreement with this statement!

Now with that said, I am not in support of a radio station as I stated in another post in this thread I already have a Star Trek Radio show I listen too all of the time now I use to watch STOked every Tuesday morning prior to going to work for the day. Now you are all taken that way from us. Now I know you all have stated you needed funding. But you are all like Cryptic in fact that you have not said how much you need.

If you want funding you need to be more forth coming. And I doubt that Chris received a lot of funding through the tab links on the bottom of his webpages! I know that each month the folks over at Subspace Radio get their monthly donations. This show has a big following I am pretty sure folks would donate if you did something similar.

Now my favorite radio station for STO is Subspace Radio and they have a monthly goal donation tab, several members have came out and said how much do you need? And maybe we can look getting Asmick to host the show instead of Chris since he seems to be focused on TORked!

I think the community would support Asmick taking over the show!
Ok so twice you have said the same thing, are you trying to make a point or just flat out trolling now? What purpose does it serve? You know what dont answer that, there is no need. Your opinion is noted and we are sorry your not interested in listening to STOked Radio.

As far at TORked, its obvious that you are also woefully misinformed as TORked was canceled months ago. Might wanna check your facts before you troll, but then again thats why its called trolling. But thanks for continuing to watch STOked.
Lt. Commander
# 173
05-29-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I believe they did that the last time Chris decided to quit. There's not much reason in wishing someone well when he keeps quitting, coming back, quitting, etc. Chris is a bit of an emotional roller-coaster when it comes to these things - he carries his heart on his sleeve. STOked will probably be back in 6 months; and then stopped again a few months after that.
Not that i remember but i could be wrong. Also STOked did not quit before, we took a break cause there was nothing to talk about. The reasons behind this transition are completely different. So much confusion or people just dont care to get the facts. I'm not sure.
Lt. Commander
# 174
05-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardassianNinja View Post
Is this all because he couldn't get an interview for one show?
Oh my, do you people just not listen to the reasoning or just not accept the reasoning?
Lt. Commander
# 175
05-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
It's because someone tipped him off that something big was coming and he found out there was massive business news breaking on June 1st that he'd have to wait to break. (Honestly, it will probably break on the 29th at around 9:30PM EST in the PWE investor call. Cryptic's NDA is through June 1st but I bet they'll request a release once PWE spills the beans.)

I think Chris' imagination just ran wild in one or two very negative directions when he found out there was an NDA surrounding an upcoming business announcement.
Maybe you have more information than we do or at least more than i do. Im not aware of anything even remotely like that. But im interested to see if your right. Ill just have to wait and see.
Lt. Commander
# 176
05-29-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardassianNinja View Post
Well...if you listen to the episode, he is mostly upset that he couldn't get an interview for that week. Not like I just made that up.
There is more to it than that behind the scenes but ill give you that he was peeved alright.
Lt. Commander
# 177
05-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym
I would totally watch if it was Mav hosting.

I'd likely listen to an audio podcast once in a while, but I wouldn't be nearly as excited.

But... if it's just going to be filled with inaccurate complaints I'm not sure the point. It's one thing to disagree with a system. It's another to be wildly inaccurate about things while doing it.

I will be the primary host of the new STOked.
Lt. Commander
# 178
05-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmick View Post

As far at TORked, its obvious that you are also woefully misinformed as TORked was canceled months ago. Might wanna check your facts before you troll, but then again thats why its called trolling. But thanks for continuing to watch STOked.
um may 9th isnt months ago , sorry mick but thats only a few weeks . maybe Chris made the decision months ago but last date torked was uploaded to youtube was may 9th
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7_JueY4lck

i know you mean well in trying to defend Chris , but to the fans of the show we kinda feel stepped on . Again .
Lt. Commander
# 179
05-29-2012, 01:17 PM
you know what.

I think most people are upset about stoked ending because Chris didnt have a Party no fan fair no thanks for the ride its been good but now i have to end the show.

think of the Indy 500 or the monaco forumula 1 grand prix major sporting events and when the winning driver gets out of the car he does not just get the choice to go home and rest he has to spend hours talking to sponsors and fans.

which didnt happen as i said for his family fine but he was trying to make a living out of jupiter broadcasting and slamming the door shut on your biggest Audience dont get upset when they get angry back

All the best Chris ill still watch your shows but you did leave a sour tast in my mouth about this one
Lt. Commander
# 180
05-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
There's nothing to suggest the embargoed information had to do with fleet starbases or fleet advancement.
Considering Chris' exact words (from STOKed 125) regarding the Information embargo were:

"You know there was recently an article published about starbases, but I felt like it was just a fluff piece that didn't go into any mechanical detail on how we'd be using these things. I'd still like to see that information out there, um, I've asked for it, but, um, unfortunately I'm told the information is under 'Embargo' until June..." (link to the specific video portion I've transcribed here)
^^^
To me it seems preety clear the 'information Embargo' Chris is refering to is indeed specifically related to the new Starbase/Fleet Advancement System mechanics.

Quote:
I think something GOOD is going to be announced this week. Any news is good news at this point.

How did I become a doom prophet?
Well, in all honesty, parts of this post by you (link) seemed to indicate some thought of 'doom', specifically:

Quote:
2) STO is being sold off.

3) STO is being handed off to another development team. (Which might be why Dan's team size doubled; old and new teams working side by side in a hand off.) For example, PWE's Runic Games could take over, given their experience with content development.

4) STO is being shut down.

5) Cryptic is being sold off, with or without Neverwinter
So, that's where I think you could be seen as a 'prophet of doom' per se.

Quote:
I just think it's likely not something that interests Chris.

Yes, I am a conspiracy theorist at the moment. I think a conspiracy would be a FANTASTIC thing.

I think pretty much every thing I've speculated about would be FANTASTIC news.

I just think Chris is either jumping to conclusions or that the good news isn't the good news he wants.
I think a lot of people have been jumping to conclusions. Again Bradon has posted in pretty plain language that the downturn (not complete silence, just a downturn) is because they are busy workiong on getting the Season 6 Update onto Tribble for testing and events in the last week do point more to that overall than anything else, (IMO), (Link to Brandon'n first post on the subject which again, IMO seems pretty straight forwrd)