Lt. Commander
Project ID: ST-HT5UOUI4Z

I have a ground contact in this mission that sometimes will not spawn. I've had 2 friends tell me they had to drop and regrab the mission because the same contact didn't spawn for them the first time they tried it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-30-2012, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
Project ID: ST-HT5UOUI4Z

I have a ground contact in this mission that sometimes will not spawn. I've had 2 friends tell me they had to drop and regrab the mission because the same contact didn't spawn for them the first time they tried it.
Idk if its related, but sometimes when I'm setting up the storyline contacts wont set if I select them from the map. The only way it seems to get them to work 100% for me is to search for them in the assets view. However, I'm a long away from actually publishing my mission so it might be different after being published.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Is the npc very close to a combat area? Grenades can sometimes kill them, although that was "fixed." The npc may be spawning and quickly getting killed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Well, the day I was waiting for finally happened. Someone with obviously no understanding of how the foundry works has finally given me a 1 star review over this bug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Is the npc very close to a combat area? Grenades can sometimes kill them, although that was "fixed." The npc may be spawning and quickly getting killed.
No, it isn't. I made sure combat areas were far enough from contacts. I even closed off the closest combat area to prevent combat NPCs from getting near the noncombat ones.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
Well, the day I was waiting for finally happened. Someone with obviously no understanding of how the foundry works has finally given me a 1 star review over this bug!

No, it isn't. I made sure combat areas were far enough from contacts. I even closed off the closest combat area to prevent combat NPCs from getting near the noncombat ones.
Weird. Maybe it's related to alimac's bug, when he had so much trouble getting an npc to spawn. Can you tell us more about exactly how things are set up with triggers, etc? Is it on a platform?
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-04-2012, 09:49 PM
The contact isn't on a platform, he's in the middle of the promenade. There are no triggers required for him to spawn, he's always supposed to be there. The only trigger requirement is to activate his chat. All the other contacts in the mission are set up just like him except he's the only one that sometimes will not spawn.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-05-2012, 07:18 AM
Have you tried moving him around? maybe there's a "soft spot" on the promenade and he falls through.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Yeah move him around, and check his Y-axis (Make sure he's set properly to terrain or zero altitude) Look at the ceiling above him and check for a pair of legs sticking out.

There are a couple of maps that are all wonky and have the room so far below the correct level that I had to set negative y-values for them to spawn correctly. If he is spawning sometimes and not others, it may be related to group play vs. solo play. I know it's stupid, but the foundry is as stupid does, and it can make a difference.

Good luck!