Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
05-26-2012, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
with my Atrox i can tank the Tac cube at the end of Infected Elite just fine. its all mostly about staying near the edge of weapons range. when im in defense mode i have almost 125 shield power without ay buffs. i have RSP, Transfer shield strength, eng team sci team and my engineer ability's. i once tanked that tac cube and damaged it down to 69% without any aid while the rest of the team killed the gate.



Such a ship would likely be a Flight deck cruiser, since there are so many galaxy variants in game already it would make sense to bring in a new ship for a true carrier to make the distinction more obvious as to wether or not your facing a normal Exploration cruise, a refit, or a Flight Deck Cruiser.
The Odyssey class has four variants i.e. normal star cruiser, tactical, operations and science.

Cryptic can do the same thing with the Galaxy Class, by charging ~2000 CC for similar bundle and has the advantage being closer to canon. The purpose of Star Trek Online is a multiplayer interactive game with Star Trek experience.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
05-26-2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvalencia View Post
The Odyssey class has four variants i.e. normal star cruiser, tactical, operations and science.

Cryptic can do the same thing with the Galaxy Class, by charging ~2000 CC for similar bundle and has the advantage being closer to canon. The purpose of Star Trek Online is a multiplayer interactive game with Star Trek experience.
the odyssey has 4 variants yes, but keep in mind, those said variants all look and act the same, except for their consoles, dont turn it into a carrier.

your asking for a ship that looks like every other galaxy, but give it fightercraft and carrier abilities. unless they give the carrier galaxy some kind of altered appearance to tell what it is at a distance, like the gal x does, then its not distinguishable from its normal cruiser counterparts.

also: the galaxy already has 3 variants. normal, refit, and dreadnought. they did attempt to release a glaaxy pack bundle that would include them all, but it was bugged for people who owned any of the galaxys.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
05-26-2012, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
the odyssey has 4 variants yes, but keep in mind, those said variants all look and act the same, except for their consoles, dont turn it into a carrier.

your asking for a ship that looks like every other galaxy, but give it fightercraft and carrier abilities. unless they give the carrier galaxy some kind of altered appearance to tell what it is at a distance, like the gal x does, then its not distinguishable from its normal cruiser counterparts.

also: the galaxy already has 3 variants. normal, refit, and dreadnought. they did attempt to release a glaaxy pack bundle that would include them all, but it was bugged for people who owned any of the galaxys.
Beyond the consoles, Odyssey variants has different bonus/skill capabilities i.e. tactical version has +10 for weapons which brings it closer to a tactical type starship. Science version has a set of work bee shuttles via the console module and Atrox carrier can replicate this feature via repair shuttle hanger console.

Carrier Galaxy Class has a different bridge/shuttle bay module (i.e. it's double stacked) and it's impluse drive seems to be smaller. To widen the differences with other Galaxy Classes, remove most of the saucer section's windows.

I have two sets of Odyssey (Tac, Ops, Sci) packs and one normal Odyssey (obtained as VA).
My second set Odyssey (Tac, Ops, Sci) pack's boxes remained unopened i.e. restricted by the game.

Devs could do the same thing for the Galaxy class as with the Odyssey class i.e. the box remained closed depending on the user's ship collections.

Carrier Galaxy Class is for players who wanted a carrier role UFP starship that follows closer to the canon source i.e. Star Trek DS9. Carrier Galaxy Class could be made as a "skin object" for Atrox carrier i.e. sporting the same limitations.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
05-27-2012, 05:24 AM
With the sguttlebay on the saucer, the Odyssey would make a fitting flight deck cruiser...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
05-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Having done the Vo'quv for a while (& having spent dil on Advanced Slavers, Advanced To'duj fighters, and the B'rolth Bird of Prey hangars), I've been wanting to try the Covenant Cat Carrier.

It's really nice to have such a big fighter selection as a default. I don't have the Kar'fi, or any of the Flight Deck Cruisers, so the Vo'quv options are limited.

I think that even the crappy Type 8 Shuttle might be useful because the Phaser proc is so nasty. (For the Vo'quv, we have the Disruptor as the default pet weapon, so you get Disruptor Breach all the time.)

Sure, I love my B'rel and B'rolth BoP pets, and the Slaver is underrated IMO, but I think the Delta Flyer & Runabouts are really nice "middle ground" pets between the numerous fighter class pets & the few-in-number Frigate/BoPs that the KDF has.

Overall, it's a solid ship. Yes, the KDF gets the Vo'quv for free, and the Cat Carrier isn't much better than that, especially compared to the Kar'fi. However, the pets are the strength of a Carrier, and not the ship stats. When I see "Atrox", I think "free Vo'quv" plus a few different low-level Flight Deck Cruisers that unlock pet options for you. The pets that the Cat Carrer gets are really nice, so what else is there to say?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
05-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catliketyping
Having done the Vo'quv for a while (& having spent dil on Advanced Slavers, Advanced To'duj fighters, and the B'rolth Bird of Prey hangars), I've been wanting to try the Covenant Cat Carrier.

It's really nice to have such a big fighter selection as a default. I don't have the Kar'fi, or any of the Flight Deck Cruisers, so the Vo'quv options are limited.

I think that even the crappy Type 8 Shuttle might be useful because the Phaser proc is so nasty. (For the Vo'quv, we have the Disruptor as the default pet weapon, so you get Disruptor Breach all the time.)

Sure, I love my B'rel and B'rolth BoP pets, and the Slaver is underrated IMO, but I think the Delta Flyer & Runabouts are really nice "middle ground" pets between the numerous fighter class pets & the few-in-number Frigate/BoPs that the KDF has.

Overall, it's a solid ship. Yes, the KDF gets the Vo'quv for free, and the Cat Carrier isn't much better than that, especially compared to the Kar'fi. However, the pets are the strength of a Carrier, and not the ship stats. When I see "Atrox", I think "free Vo'quv" plus a few different low-level Flight Deck Cruisers that unlock pet options for you. The pets that the Cat Carrer gets are really nice, so what else is there to say?
actually there is 1 fight that the fed carrier beats the kdf ones for thats the crystaline intity since its shuttles have 0 kinetic damage. Granted they are useless elsewhere but that makes the type 8 and 10 shuttles usefull. I personally like using the perigine fighters unless another carrier is in zone then i use delta fighters. Both best dps of the rest of the shuttles.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:16 AM.