Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
Hello, first let me start off by saying I've been playing STO almost since launch (so I guess I don't qualify as a Vet") . I have been playing STF's for quite some time now, but I, in no way consider myself an expert and feel that something can be learned from everyone, even a "noob".

For the most part I play STO because my past experience with other games has been dis-satisfying (to say the least)....oh, and I am a huge fan of Star Trek!

I enjoy the new STF's, fortunately I have an awesome Fleet that I play with that consists of fun-loving mature people, such as myself (shameless plug for "TOS Veterans", I love you guys!)
While it's usually no problem to get enough folks together for a good run, I do, on occasion have to "pug".

For you new folks, "noob" seems to be an insult. I don't consider it to be so. In fact I embrace the term. I gleefully tell others that I'm a "noob" (despite my acctual game experience) and to annoy, alarm and frustrate "griefers" I'll name my characters or ships using "noob" somewhere in the name.

Don't let the arrogance of those folks who try to insult you effect your enjoyment of the game. Remember, they need to resort to this form of harassment to make themselves feel more "leet". It's the only thing they can do well and probably are quite pathetic in real life.

Learn your game, but enjoy yourself doing it.

For you so called "vets" out there (yes you, the guy who is always complaining that some "noob" ruined your STF run and now your life is over), you were new to this game at one time, remember your past! If I bump into you on a "Pug", I'll "need" every drop (yes, even lock boxes) to earn you venomous rage!

There is no flawless strategy or perfect build. It's the player who makes the game. If you can't enjoy yourself because of "all the noob's" perhaps you should return to whatever game you were playing before and let us "Trekkies" practice our acceptance of IDIC (if your unfamiliar with that term, I suggest watching a Trek episode or two).

Thank you for your indulgence,
DangerOne.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-01-2012, 09:04 AM
i might be horrible for saying this but whenever i go into STF's it brings me so much satisfaction when the vets complain, I LOVE when they complain, it's like the ultimate laugh for me, when someone keeps hitting the need, and someone complains, i just love to say "U Mad Bro?" and just those simple words will make them cringe and a little and leave LOL i just find it hilarious how many people take it so seriously, like theres no other goal in their life, but to get it done "right" so i love to troll them. - and so my honesty comes out LOL haha
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Danger one>

Thats some good sound advice, i've only been playing the game for a few weeks now, and i'm really enjoying it, although as you say it does appear that i do run into some scornful people. I've been wanting to join in with some PvE and STF's but i feel as though i'm not quite ready . . mainly because i'm still figuring out the controls and sometimes fumble the ground ones . . lol . . and wouldn't want to ruin anyones game because i fumbled at the wrong moment.

But on the other hand i tend to ignore shouters and what i call "Cry Babies" i'd rather help a "noob" than slate them, after all we all had to learn at somepoint right.

Perhaps if our paths cross and i've sorted out my fumbling controls issue . . lol, we can have a blast . . plus i need a few tips on STFs and stuff like that
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-01-2012, 11:52 AM
I tend to use normal STF's to try out new builds before I even think about bringing them into an Elite STF. Just a little while ago, I tried out a way to resurrect my old Recon Vessel by fitting tetryon weapons onto it. One Dual Beam bank, Two single cannons, and turrets in the back. While I wasn't a liability to the team, I did learn that I'll need to put two more Dual Beam Banks onto the vessel and switch up Cannon Rapid Fire for Beam Overload.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-30-2012, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenguyver
Danger one>

Thats some good sound advice, i've only been playing the game for a few weeks now, and i'm really enjoying it, although as you say it does appear that i do run into some scornful people. I've been wanting to join in with some PvE and STF's but i feel as though i'm not quite ready . . mainly because i'm still figuring out the controls and sometimes fumble the ground ones . . lol . . and wouldn't want to ruin anyones game because i fumbled at the wrong moment.

But on the other hand i tend to ignore shouters and what i call "Cry Babies" i'd rather help a "noob" than slate them, after all we all had to learn at somepoint right.

Perhaps if our paths cross and i've sorted out my fumbling controls issue . . lol, we can have a blast . . plus i need a few tips on STFs and stuff like that

If you need help and tips for STFs,there are plenty of guides and videos about them.
Just type ELITE STF guide or video and you will see them a lot.
The point is ELITE STF are not place for learning STFs.
Like other one said NORMAL STF is for trying your new build,etc.
When you enter first time ELITE STF you already "MUST KNOW" what to do and expect,even if it is your first time(thats why there are videos and guides on internet about STFs),and just tell people in team chat that it is your first time.