Lt. Commander
# 31
05-30-2012, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudl View Post
If everybody new to the game would care to read guides written by more experianced players, and read some tactics before joining an elite stf.

None of this here would be an issue.
Everybody would have a propper built (yes there are builts, which are just better than others) and everybody would know what to do in an stf.
but sadly, the people concerning this post, will never see this post, because they don't care about how they play.

my suggestion: elites can only be opend privately...you need a team before you start one. public queus are a pain in the tushy and 90% of the time i wind up pulling rainbow cruisers through, that would not even care about the elite stf's if there wasn't an elite button to klick.
Another suggestion...reimplement the old STF's as the elite mode...if you want to be truely elite, you should have 2 hours at hand to finish one.

lets say you got 3 difficultys: normal...doable as rear admiral upper half only rewards MK X stuff
advanced...current elites only reward MK XI
elites...old STF's, slightly shortened (1h each)...but consisting of ground and space part. rewarding MK XII

i guess they were stupid enough to dump the old STF's anyway.

+1 to all the above.

We were all newbies once and the first time we played STFs they were challenging. Now, they're so easy most of us can do them while drunk or asleep.

Doesn't mean we have to blame the newer pilots for anything, but sometimes when I see a science ship trying to be an assault cruiser and dying 20 times in an Elite mission and never bothering to learn new tactics and improve the ship build despite offers from more experienced players ... I have no comment.

Thankfully it's not all the time that Elite PUGs are frustrating, there are certain times of the day where PUGs are totally awesome. Usually in the wee hours of the morning.
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-30-2012, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
We were all newbies once and the first time we played STFs they were challenging. Now, they're so easy most of us can do them while drunk or asleep.
Fun fact, I've done CGE twice now when I was literally about to crash from tiredness, and still did everything I was expected to do + general fighting without a problem.

I do like the idea however, original STF design being the 'elite', but (as I take the idea) you'll get an XII part for sure.