Lt. Commander
Is it possible to have 2 ships of same type? For example, I am a tac captain, and My BoP: Retofit is an Engineering craft. Now I would like to have a tactical BoP.

I posted my question because I really hate to assign and reassign boffs again and again. Hence, life would be easier if I can have two copies of BoP :-)
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-30-2012, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professoor View Post
Is it possible to have 2 ships of same type? For example, I am a tac captain, and My BoP: Retofit is an Engineering craft. Now I would like to have a tactical BoP.

I posted my question because I really hate to assign and reassign boffs again and again. Hence, life would be easier if I can have two copies of BoP :-)

no, it is not possible

.. this is what i am also waiting for!

and it would be a nice way to collect equipment too

my solution - sort BOFF's by naming them

my science layout BOFF's are for example
S'tun
S'gaargh
S'tella
S'mon

and my engi layout for the carrier would be
E'genn
E'rr
E...

you see the point.
But i have a bigger problem with the equipment.
At one point i just WANTED to try plasma weapons in PVP, then Tetryons, then i went back to Disruptors..
And i would like to have 3 BOP's fully equipped with all their weapons and consoles just waiting for me to jump in and fly.

NO - i have to - visit bank - take out eq, change it in the hangars on DS9, run to bank to free my inventory.. every single time i want to change.. getting annoying, so now i just use disruptors.. :/

idea for cryptic - fix this and you are selling me 3 ship slots
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-30-2012, 08:21 AM
Sadly this is one reason I am enjoying the Bortas'qu pack. 3 variants of the same ship with slight perks that lend it to different officer layouts. Only issues so far has been haveing enough c-store points for additional bridge officer slots.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-30-2012, 01:37 PM
From what I understand the game engine kind of prevents this because it can't do more than a single copy of each ship. The ability to save a BOFF, DOFF and Equipment loadout would be nice. But than you'd need Bank space for the spare weapons.

You could always use the Heavy BoP for one setup and the Retrofit for another. One of the reasons I switched to the Raptor, I wanted to run my BoP as a Sci ship.