Lt. Commander
# 1 Quads Klink side?
05-30-2012, 07:15 AM
When the quads came out I was like every other happy Defiant/ pew pew fan and bought them. I even picked them up on the Klink side of things too.

I don't run them anymore Fed side because I hated the engine power drain, and lost the other mods that my DHC have.

I did notice Klink side my Quads have a good bit more DPS. My engine power is also a lil higher where the drain dont matter. I hate seeing my Hegh'ta only using 2 of its 6 visible cannons. With Quads I get 4 of them firing off for more of a firework show.

Are the Quads just as crappy Klink side?
I use Disruptor DHC with [Acc][CrtD][CritH]. x3 DHC, x1 torp front. I don't PvP as much like I use to but I like to keep an optimal PvP build.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-30-2012, 07:19 AM
Quads are identical in damage output regardless of faction.

I use them on my BortasQu' becuase the engine drain does not matter for a vessel that moves so slow.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-30-2012, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Then how come Fed side my quads read standard in my inventory (260 DPS) and on Klink side it reads (269 DPS)?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-30-2012, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNC
Then how come Fed side my quads read standard in my inventory (260 DPS) and on Klink side it reads (269 DPS)?
surely it depends on what you are specced into and what consoles/equipment you are running. Are you sure you have identical builds over both factions?

or is the above null and void if reading from inventory?
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Duck
surely it depends on what you are specced into and what consoles/equipment you are running. Are you sure you have identical builds over both factions?

or is the above null and void if reading from inventory?
THis ^^ is the most likely reason.
If the KDF quads actaully did more damage then they would have long been nerfed by fed outcry of the imbalance of such.
If you take the fed quad and the KDF quad off your ships and look at them in the Inventory, they should read the same and differ only in proc ability. If they do list differing damage rating, then that is a oversight of the Devs. Go figure.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-30-2012, 12:31 PM
That being said I see the Disruptor proc increasing damage more than the Phaser proc.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Both my KDF and Fed guy are spec exactly the same, point by point. I mirrored my Klink off my Fed. Thats what the DPS reads for in my inventory, not equipped. All other cannons read the exact same, cross faction wise for me. I always found it odd that my Klink side read higher DPS output, just never questioned it before. Idk, maybe my quads are just special on my klink

Either way, x3 DHC [acc][crtH][crtD], or x2 DHC & quad? In yall's opinion is there much of a difference?
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-30-2012, 03:30 PM
I checked my Quad disruptor (in inventory) and mine reads 391 DPS, so maybe it is just a wierd bug.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-30-2012, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post

I use them on my BortasQu' becuase the engine drain does not matter for a vessel that moves so slow.
"disruptors do more damage because of proc"?

And quad cannons are the single most consistent proc spamming weapon, aside from possibly FAW'd polarized tetryons or whatever those 10% proc chance tetryon beams are called.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-30-2012, 04:55 PM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelev
"disruptors do more damage because of proc"?
I guess they may due to the resist debuff they can give.