Lt. Commander
# 191
05-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but STOked hasn't been the best STO podcast since Jeremy left, so I doubt STOked will be the "best" STO audio podcast. I'll have to give that title to Priority One. The hosts there have chemistry and play off one another well, especially now with the addition of Adrianne. At least Mav will be able to get a word in edge wise , doubt I'll be listening, though. Good luck.
Lt. Commander
# 192
05-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
At least Mav will be able to get a word in edge wise , .
I noticed this as well. I've only listened to the last two episodes, but it seemed as if Chris kept interrupting the poor guy. He couldn't finish a complete thought without being interrupted. I felt kind of bad for him. Go back and listen to the PWE episode. Poor Mav!
Lt. Commander
# 193
05-30-2012, 05:25 PM
I didnt feel that. Chris is (was) the main host and Mav was a guest from the jupiter fleet.
They didnt seem to be co hosts. Also Chris was helping to keep it flowing and on time like any good producer.
Lt. Commander
# 194
05-31-2012, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmick View Post
A bold statement, ill accept your criticism as your opinion, and the minority opinion at that. You seem woefully uninformed as to the reasons for this years earlier hiatus, and either did not listen to or understand the recent events. But im not here to invalidate/validate your statement. But in regards to supporting the community.... well ill just let our work speak foe itself.
I know exactly why the first time he stated because of lack of new things to talk about and this time finacial and family, and say what you will each time he did this was after he got tickecked off enough at them to say something harsh about them on air if you dont bebeave me go back and look at each episodes right before his announcment, and also i wasnt refering to past suport i am refering to ongoing suport of the comunity because usely cryptic seems to pay less attention to the forums then they do the podcast, it seems like when the podcast finally gets behind the comunity cryptic will lisen a little bit lol. And i aplaud his efforts on providing for his family and spending time with them, but why cancel a show this is popular and been going 3 years that the people love and keep new shows that i personaly dont beleave have that big of a following allready compaired to a show that has been around for 3 years , he talks about finacial well his back and forth and constantly canceling shows is one reason i had stoped sending them a little money, no it wasnt much but alot of not much adds up. And all my comints might be emotionaly based becase once again he is canceling a show i loved to watch, The only show he does anymore that i watch is his wifes show, and at one time i watched most of what he put out lol. and i know your gonna bash what i have said which is fine cause i an think skinned, i wish you luck on continuing the show they way you are and post a way on these forum on how to lisen to it ill give it a try , i just enjoy watching but wont count your way out yet lol.
Lt. Commander
# 195
05-31-2012, 09:37 AM
I am a little disappointed that Stoked is not going to covering the season 6 launch. That way the show in its most popular format could go out on a high note.

My observation is that without Stoked STO will suffer its worst community fallout yet. STO needs the community endorsed advertising.

Cryptic and PWE have failed to advertise this title well and does not yet realize the impact silence on its only true form of advertising STO really has.

Cryptic or PWE should be paying advertisement fees for coverage of every season launch and for any major update content or other. Instead they are going to let this grass roots / social media advertising go away?
Lt. Commander
# 196
05-31-2012, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
My observation is that without Stoked STO will suffer its worst community fallout yet. STO needs the community endorsed advertising.
STO was just fine the last time STOked was gone. And to be honest I haven't watched more then 10 minutes of an episode since Jeremy left. I know I'm not the only one. I listen to several podcasts. I don't need to see Chris' face or screenshots of things I've already seen on the forum or twitter to enjoy a podcast.

Quote:
Cryptic and PWE have failed to advertise this title well and does not yet realize the impact silence on its only true form of advertising STO really has.
This game has had plenty of advertising. You're assuming no one knows about it. Hundreds of thousands know about it. There were so many people here at launch the servers couldn't handle them all for months. More advertising won't bring those people back. They left because STO wasn't what they wanted. Lack of end-game content is the same reason people are abandoning SWTOR in droves. It's just the way MMOs are now. STO's a casual game - the kind you play on and off, not the kind you play consistently. It's only the die-hards who think it's something more then that.
Lt. Commander
# 197
06-01-2012, 06:05 AM
Well its clear that Asmick is too cool to confirm plans for a Series Finale Party idea! I like how got on this thread and trolled and flamed all of us for being upset they are ending the podcast and totally neglects the fact that we the fans are asking them for a big party and a location to host said party at (So who was really trolling? Makes one think!). Now time is running short and Asmick and Chris both have yet to responded to this thread. you accused me of trolling but it was my idea of having a big over the top farewell. Are we are trying to suggest this would not be a good idea?
Lt. Commander
# 198
06-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
Community advertising is the ONLY reason STO is still around. I myself wouldn't have joined if my friend hadn't told me it went F2P. I've spent good money on it since then, and hopefully will continue to do so.

Community advertising is one of the few advantages STO has, shame it's not used more often. Involve the community and the players will come.
Lt. Commander
# 199
06-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmick View Post
There is more to it than that behind the scenes but ill give you that he was peeved alright.
I think the difficulty here is that, I'm not sure you can expect fans to embrace this change when STOked isn't being entirely candid about the reasons behind it.

I'm obviously paraphrasing but, you are sort of saying "We know some stuff about whats about to happen to this game that would make your toes curl......but we can't tell you. But, we are also ending b/c of lots of personal reasons as well. But mainly we are mad at PWE......So blame them for destroying this great video podcast which has more viewers than the game has players with their information embargo. They are really slapping the community in the face.....BUT Hooray! We aren't cancelling or retreating we are actually Boldly Going forth into radio! Wait, why isn't everyone really excited about this?"

I don't mean to be glib but I feel like there is a real elephant in the room: why is STOked going off the air? Until people understand the decision much better than it has been presented, its hard to be excited about the change to be honest.

That said, perhaps revealing more information is literally impossible. In that case, I applaud you for doing what is necessary to protect your sources.

I wish you well. I think Asmick could do a fine radio podcast and I do personally intend to give it a listen.

I'm just trying to explain why the disappointment of fans is being manifested the way it has. It might not be your fault, but there hasn't been good communication about why this podcast is leaving.
Lt. Commander
# 200
06-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace
Community advertising is the ONLY reason STO is still around. I myself wouldn't have joined if my friend hadn't told me it went F2P. I've spent good money on it since then, and hopefully will continue to do so.

Community advertising is one of the few advantages STO has, shame it's not used more often. Involve the community and the players will come.
Only is a bit strong. I learned it had gone F2P via steam.... Safe bet others have too.