Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 111
05-31-2012, 08:45 AM
Mavario I think you got it wrong, not as a bad build/setup but just the general idea.

The issue myself and Teslanar is having isn't in anyway related to the supportive abilities of an Atrox.
In general a cruiser can do it better, thats just the straight up truth. They can't drop TSS3's, but the Atrox can't Drop Aux2Sif3's or ES3's as the case might be. Further the cruiser is easier to pilot, more effective at doing damage, and just in general a more functional ship.

The issue with the Atrox is NOT with its tanking or healing, it does that well enough.
The issue comes down to just being generally useful, healings usefulness outside of a premade is sorta "eh", further a cruiser does it better.
So maybe you can heal while bringing sci stuff, well sadly "lolsci" is mostly garbage these days, AND with most of the all star options being PBAoE or based on the front 90... yeah sucks to be you whaletrox!
BUT YOU HAVE FIGHTERS! The only rather useful supportive one (the runabout) has been nerfed, not only is the tractor spam seemingly non-existent nowadays BUT the TB's themselves seem to have been weakened some. It doesn't help that with everyone crying about it now alot more people are running APO and PH than they used to...
Stalkers can offline AUX which can be nice, but you have no real damage options. Peregrines are the best the Atrox has damage wise and for pvp damage they are pretty much garbage unless you are praying for phaser procs.

The issue is you don't bring any real damage, which at the end of the day is what matters. An Atrox has no burst or alpha to speak of. Its a sustained dps setup, which is great for pve but in pvp its just "why even bother" since you can get tanked by an escort just keeping up an ETPS rotation.
Cruisers can and will rock better damage with keeping an epts/eptw rotation going and hitting BO's and such.

I can run my Excel, and be almost strictly more useful to my team in pvp than I can be in an Atrox.
I can run my DSSV and basically cover most of the Atrox's support roles and be able to bring better sci powers, while giving up the fighters.
In general its just why bother with an Atrox (in pvp)?


Also with all these doff setups, remember we will have flight deck doffs "someday" which will really help with the viability of the ship in pvp, but also sorta messup most of these doff layouts.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 112
05-31-2012, 09:14 AM
yup there is nothing a Sci ship can do that a cruiser can't do better. The same goes for the Atrox, it adds flavor but no substance.

Thanks Systems, maybe Season 7 we'll get over the lockbox, and C-store oddy disaster. +1 ships are a bad bad idea, nonetheless expect 0 changes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 113
05-31-2012, 09:23 AM
The carrier is most often used by incompetent players.

kkthxchnk
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 114
05-31-2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfader1988
The carrier is most often used by incompetent players.

kkthxchnk
Hey hey.. We're not incompent.. just.. different.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 115
05-31-2012, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfader1988
The carrier is most often used by incompetent players.
kkthxchnk
someone point me to the Panda Hate thread pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
Hey hey.. We're not incompent.. just.. different.
some ppl are just more easily satisfied then others, i mean who wouldn't like to make pew in the same way after 2 years straight
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 116
05-31-2012, 12:12 PM
Well to be fair, he said MOST OFTEN, not always. I guess if you take the percentage of players that have bought an odyssey, you could make same argument for the odyssey or really to any ship in the game...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 117
05-31-2012, 12:18 PM
*rolls up sleeves* WHO SAID TACs IN GAL-X HAVE MUMMY ISSUES????
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 118
05-31-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaavvaahh
some ppl are just more easily satisfied then others, i mean who wouldn't like to make pew in the same way after 2 years straight
Has it really been over 2 years with me flying a Carrier? Yeesh..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 119
05-31-2012, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
Well to be fair, he said MOST OFTEN, not always. I guess if you take the percentage of players that have bought an odyssey, you could make same argument for the odyssey or really to any ship in the game...
Well i know of atleast one incompetent carrier player....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 120
05-31-2012, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelev
Mavario I think you got it wrong, not as a bad build/setup but just the general idea.

The issue myself and Teslanar is having isn't in anyway related to the supportive abilities of an Atrox.
In general a cruiser can do it better, thats just the straight up truth. They can't drop TSS3's, but the Atrox can't Drop Aux2Sif3's or ES3's as the case might be. Further the cruiser is easier to pilot, more effective at doing damage, and just in general a more functional ship.

The issue with the Atrox is NOT with its tanking or healing, it does that well enough.
The issue comes down to just being generally useful, healings usefulness outside of a premade is sorta "eh", further a cruiser does it better.
So maybe you can heal while bringing sci stuff, well sadly "lolsci" is mostly garbage these days, AND with most of the all star options being PBAoE or based on the front 90... yeah sucks to be you whaletrox!
BUT YOU HAVE FIGHTERS! The only rather useful supportive one (the runabout) has been nerfed, not only is the tractor spam seemingly non-existent nowadays BUT the TB's themselves seem to have been weakened some. It doesn't help that with everyone crying about it now alot more people are running APO and PH than they used to...
Stalkers can offline AUX which can be nice, but you have no real damage options. Peregrines are the best the Atrox has damage wise and for pvp damage they are pretty much garbage unless you are praying for phaser procs.

The issue is you don't bring any real damage, which at the end of the day is what matters. An Atrox has no burst or alpha to speak of. Its a sustained dps setup, which is great for pve but in pvp its just "why even bother" since you can get tanked by an escort just keeping up an ETPS rotation.
Cruisers can and will rock better damage with keeping an epts/eptw rotation going and hitting BO's and such.

I can run my Excel, and be almost strictly more useful to my team in pvp than I can be in an Atrox.
I can run my DSSV and basically cover most of the Atrox's support roles and be able to bring better sci powers, while giving up the fighters.
In general its just why bother with an Atrox (in pvp)?


Also with all these doff setups, remember we will have flight deck doffs "someday" which will really help with the viability of the ship in pvp, but also sorta messup most of these doff layouts.
Hence the double tractor beams, and PSW3 or TBR3.. PSW3 in particular does Far and Away more damage than any other psw (can we say helloooo 50k crits? yes please!) .

The Atrox's biggest liability in pvp right now is the same that any sci ship even before the sci nerfs took place had. It's presence entirely depends on your team not being complete morons. One Atrox doing the CC and shield healing build I mentioned along with a cruiser throwing down either solid damage with heals or decent damage and a little zone control with his heals, goes alongway to it being a powerful ship in pvp.

The problem is though in a pug environment... most players are so bad that the limited effectivness of current CC can't be maximized as readily.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:25 AM.