Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I just gave away my prototype deflector tech ive been grinding months for, unaware i could sell something that wasnt on me! Certianly not happy with 3k dlithium . I put in a ticket, hopefully they help me, but be carefull guys.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-30-2012, 05:42 PM
How did you do that? I'm standing at a vendor right now and my only options are what's in my inventory.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-30-2012, 06:06 PM
I dont know, i did it twice, the second time was just a test. The first time, i was selling whatever borg stuff i could to the vendor for dilithium.. a few days later i check my bank for my proto deflector tech and it's gone..

So, i take my proto engine tech and place it in the bank, go to the vendor, scroll down until i see a green 1, roll over it, and it says "prototype borg engines" They were in my bank, but the number 1 was green indicating i can sell it for ~3k dilithium, and i knew i got 3k when i sold something the other day..

edit, how long does it take for customer service to respond to a ticket?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-31-2012, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabba2087
edit, how long does it take for customer service to respond to a ticket?
In this case, they probably won't. They'll put it up to user error and mark it as resolved. They've done that many times before.

And you don;t know what screen you were looking at when you sold the items? What actions you took to get rid of them? Might be helpful if the rest of us too a look at what you did to see if it;s something that's supposed to happen or not....
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-31-2012, 11:32 AM
They really shouldnt, as it's a bug >.<

I was at commander roxy's screen, selling edcs and tech for dilithum in the general merchandise vendor.

Here, i just did this right now: Has 51 EDCs, put all of them in bank. Went to roxy, sold 10 for 1k dilithium, went back to bank, have 41 EDCs. Thats not right, >.< I put them in the bankl so i would specifically not do that.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-31-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabba2087
They really shouldnt, as it's a bug >.<
Really it isn't a bug. When you are at Roxy and are converting anything into dilithium there is a small icon and roll-over text in the bottom right corner of the item which states what item you wish to convert into dilithium.

Whether or not you have the item in your bank or inventory, you obviously did not even look or roll-over this icon. You probably just went right down the line selling anything that it allowed you to without looking at which item you were selling. If you chose to sell your tech for dilithium then it was a mistake on your end, not a bug.

I understand it sucks, but sometimes you have to learn the hard way. Next time when the button lights up, double check what item is required for the dil exchange, and it won't happen again.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-31-2012, 12:55 PM
Well, it goes against every other game/mmo i've played. I suppose it's my fault for not looking, but can you really blame me for assuming things not on your person can't be sold. Ironic that i put it in the bank just to prevent that, and it caused me to not be more careful. If I had had it in my actual inventory, you can bet i would have been checking what i was selling >.<

Still think it should be changed.