Lt. Commander
# 11
05-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
Egads! So it's an NPC contact, and not an object?
That's right. It makes an awesome battleship for fleet battles. If only we could make Dreadnought mobs...

I've been experimenting with stationary targets too, but haven't had much luck so far. I tried putting a Borg Sphere inside a planet to simulate the player having to bombard a city from orbit, but the Sphere always escaped.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-30-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
That's right. It makes an awesome battleship for fleet battles. If only we could make Dreadnought mobs...

I've been experimenting with stationary targets too, but haven't had much luck so far. I tried putting a Borg Sphere inside a planet to simulate the player having to bombard a city from orbit, but the Sphere always escaped.
What you can do is re-skin the ship as a Nausicaan Syphon pod by selecting the appropriate "actor" from the mob (usually the lowest one) and selecting that costume. It's much smaller, a regular shape, and is the easiest thing to rock lock. Also, if it's being hidden within the planet, you could probably put it within "Asteroid - M" or whatever the tag is for the not-smallest-but-small asteroid, and hide that in the planet with the sphere inside. It may be possible to use the smallest one, but I'd have to trial and error their relative co-ordinates to see what, it anything, works.

Figuring out what you can and can't hide the syphon pod that's really another thing in takes trial and error sadly. But aside from anything else, it'll keep your surface weapon emplacement from wondering across continents so to speak, at least to any major degree. Also, with some objects I've tried, there are still blind spots, as I think there may be internal geometry that makes up part of some objects.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-30-2012, 05:13 PM
I originally intended Part II of my Ghosts of War saga to be a shuttle mission. If the rumored upcoming Foundry upgrade supports shuttle missions I will rework Part II accordingly.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-31-2012, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Put a Borg cube in the center of the planet and, around the cube, put 2 of the circular Borg gates--overlapping and perpendicular to each other to form a cross shape when viewed from above. It will act as a cage and keep the cube stationary.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-31-2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by docflamingo2
Put a Borg cube in the center of the planet and, around the cube, put 2 of the circular Borg gates--overlapping and perpendicular to each other to form a cross shape when viewed from above. It will act as a cage and keep the cube stationary.
Ooh, I like that! But will the Cube still be targetable?
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-31-2012, 10:20 AM
It'll be targetable, but with blind spots I'd expect.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Ooh, I like that! But will the Cube still be targetable?
Not sure what the penetration level is through objects like that. You might even be able to do it a few times inside the same planet, at the edges so they are closer to the surface.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-31-2012, 01:36 PM
Only way is to test it. I'll try tonight unless someone can get to it sooner.