Lt. Commander
# 1 "Securing the Bitter End"
05-26-2012, 08:19 PM
I have just completed my project, called the “Securing the Bitter End” series. It’s a Federation quasi-five mission series, there’s four main episodes and two alternate ending episodes.They are all published and ready to play. This is the list of Episodes:
“Securing the Bitter End (Part 1)”
“Securing the Bitter End (Part 2)”
“Securing the Bitter End (Part 3)”
“Securing the Bitter End (Part 4)”
“Starboard Bitter” / “Port Bitter”
So on to the story. I’ve had an interest in the Gorn, so my series centers on this race. They don’t have much depth to them, I thought I would change that. So I take a good amount of artistic license, sorry if it destroys anybody’s little fantasy Star Trek world. It doesn’t expand the race by much, mostly around a specific character named Gortcha.
The first episode starts off as a mystery style episode. It has a good body of text (the whole series contains 54 document pages of text, sorry to anybody who doesn’t like to read), and contains a bunch of techniques I haven’t seen used in the Foundry. Please tell me what parts don’t work. Please. I’ve reviewed every episode several times so there shouldn’t be too many problems. This being my first episode, I made some novice mistakes. Also, it doesn’t delve much into the whole Gorn plot, is simply introduces it.
The second episode I like. It involves you working on an enemy ship. You’re not in command, you follow orders, and your job isn’t glamorous. The Foundry really isn’t set up for a plot like this, but I think I pulled it off alright. It has a few tricky scenes, report any problems.
The third episode is fun, similar to the second. You’re still not the captain of a ship, but it has more familiar gameplay. It involves lots of chasing ships and bickering with your captain.
The fourth episode is pretty simple. You’re in command again.
The fifth and sixth episodes are short and simple. I wanted alternate endings but I didn’t quite know how to do it. I couldn’t find a way within one mission, so I made two. It took a lot of work, but I found both to be equally fun. I like it when you can make your own decisions in a game and STO keeps lacking in this respect. I tried to make my stories have a good amount of decision points.
Those are the episodes. There were a few points I tried to make in this series, tell me how I did. I tried to make the Gorn more interesting for one. Also, I tried to make a good balance of fighting and talking. There’s probably more talking in it than most missions, but there is fighting. I tried to make the fighting more realistic too, less blasting through hundreds of enemies and trillions of dollars of resources, more tactics for taking down a few ships. More like the feel of the Star Trek series. I also tried putting lots of paths in the dialog, and not where one answer is blatantly right and the other is wrong. I made the answers so that they could fit into different personality styles, and where neither is wrong. Lastly, I tried making a more convincing antagonist, one less stereotypical. He has depth to him, and is hopefully interesting. On a note of question: I had a hard time getting all the mission information I wanted in the mission description box. Am I missing something? Other people seem to have longer descriptions. That’s all I’ll say for now, have fun playing my series.
Here's some pics:

Lt. Commander
# 2
05-27-2012, 04:02 PM
I've already published the first mission, I don't see any problems (though only three people have played it). I have just published the second episode now as well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-28-2012, 08:36 AM
The third episode has now been published.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-30-2012, 08:26 AM
SOMEONE PLAY MY MISSIONS AAAAAH!!!
Ah-hum. Anyways, the fourth mission is coming out now as well. After looking at all the names of my missions, I think they may be a source of confusion. So, I'm going to change the names all to "Securing the Bitter End (Part #)", hope that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Sorry guys, something wierd happened to my third episode. Two of the maps disappeared inexplicably, it happened between the time I published it and the time I went back to change the name. I'm going to either fight this out with cryptic or remake the maps (which I don't want to do). If you have any help for me, please tell, otherwise I don't see an easy way out. Give me a few days to remake the episode (I'm sick now too of all things). Thanks, bye.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-31-2012, 09:03 PM
I fixed up the third mission's maps. Tell me if there's anything wrong with them because I didn't really check through them. Especially a map called "Wandering Planet". I've published it once again.
I've also published the fourth episode.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-01-2012, 10:33 PM
The two alternate ending episodes have been published now. All the missions are now published and the series is available for play. I also clarified the begining of the first episode. Enjoy.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-03-2012, 12:07 AM
As my dying effort to sell my mission, I've attached some screenshots to my first post. I like pictures, we all do, hope that helps. Also made a mission signature as well.
Ensign
# 9
12-20-2012, 05:28 AM
I can't test the wall in the first mission.
Lieutenant
# 10
12-23-2012, 09:19 AM
Agree with cabigger! Once I'm in Gorn cell, I am able to test force field, look under bed, but am unable to test walls and move on with the mission. Tried beaming up and aborting and starting over, but had the same result. Post here if and when you fix it, as I would like to try again.....seems like a good mission.