Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 ALERT: New Exploration Bug!
06-02-2012, 03:16 PM
So, I just played an Exploration mission (Chart the B'Tran Cluster, as part of my routine of dailies). My second mission was one of those "Investigate Abandoned Station" things, where you fly over to an asteroid base (halfway across a blank map - real smart, Cryptic >.>) and beam down. My ground map was "Facility Eta Xi K".

That name will forever be etched into my memory as the reason I went from a supporter of Exploration Clusters to a hater of them.

Everything went normal. The objective called for me to kill an initial group of "Vito'D" (Random aliens), then 3 more, then a final group. All's well... until the final two chambers. That's where this bug happened. In those final two rooms, any NPC (Enemy and BOff alike) that touched any form of architecture (a table, a console, a pillar, a box, the edge of the door frame, etc) was immediately teleported to one of three spots (two of which were in the first room, the third was significantly closer). So, after fighting with this glitch (and observing all its aspects), I managed to get to the final chamber with enough BOffs to beat the last fight. I got there, fought a little, fought the bug for ten minutes, and repeated twice more for the next half hour before finally ridding myself of the Vito'D and finishing the mission (made all the harder because parts of the last group would occasionally teleport away).

The moral of the story? BE WARNED... Exploration clusters have a new ace in the hole to annoy us with.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-03-2012, 05:57 AM
I also have the same issue. I noticed it showed up about 2-3 weeks ago. I went on vacation hoping it would be fixed since then. I came back, logged on and saw it still there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-03-2012, 06:06 AM
I had the same issue some weeks ago in two missions. My BOFFs disapeared/felt down in a hallway. So they were back at the entrance of the map.