Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 1 The Comstock Mines
06-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Back in the day there was a gold strike and some folks got rich. The story of the Comstock Mines has been told by many so I'll let you do the research yourself, but the relevant point is, they had mined it out. It was costing more than the gold they recovered to keep it operating, and there was talk of shutting it down.

See, there was this blue mud that gunked up the machinery. It was everywhere, and digging it out of the way so they could get to the gold was a major problem. They had huge piles of the stuff. So they called in some mining experts to see what could be done as a last ditch effort before closing the gold mines for good.

The mining experts were astonished at what they found. That blue mud was silver ore. And it was sitting in piles everywhere, a fortune in silver that the Comstock operators had no idea they had. This second strike was in the end worth far more than the original gold mine.

And this is the current state of PvP in STO. There is a silver mine waiting to be discovered. The operators simply don't know what they have. Look around and you will not find another Space PvP game out there that is close to STO. You will not find a more loyal following than Star Trek fans.

All that needs to be done is to realize that with a little bit of investment this silver mine could start to pay back. The talent is there, the unique flavor is there, the audience is there. All we need is an engineer to come along and show you where the silver is.