Lt. Commander
# 1 UGC help please
06-02-2012, 07:21 AM
Hello fellow UGC enthusiasts,

I personally have enjoyed the UGC but now I need help. I am looking for the way to make multiple triggers work simultaneously. Example : Three players must activate three triggers simultaneously to solve a puzzle or open a force field or trigger next map. Anyone know how to accomplish this ? Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Sypok out.....
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Not possible. Considering that the mission will typically be played by only one person at a time, it doesn't really matter.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-02-2012, 09:49 AM
There are a number of authors working on ways to encourage team play in foundry missions.

What you would need to do, is not tie the triggers to an objective, and since you can only tie a trigger to one thing, what you would need for what you describe is 3 forcefields one after the other, and three consoles. Each console drops one forcefield, so the player/players have to hit all three. If there's one player, they can go hit each console, and if there's more than one, they can be hit by three players simultaneously.

You can take it a step further by making it so that anyone who goes to hit one of the consoles gets trapped in until the other forcefields come down. Spawn a wall behind the player as they head toward each console, then tie the visible to invisible trigger set to one of the other consoles. So the player who goes to console A, can only leave that room when console B is activated. The player who goes to consoles B, gets out when console C is activated, and the player who goes to console C, gets out when A is activated.

Yeah you might get downrated by solo players cause they can't complete it, but who cares. Put a couple big disclaimers that this is TEAMPLAY ONLY! and they have no one to blame but themselves.

Hope that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Yes, basically as drogyn just explained.

1. Trap the three players in separate booths, using forcefields or walls that spawn when an objective point is reached in each booth.

2. The espcape (and activation of whatever it is) requires a triple objective. (activating three objects, one in each booth)

3. Make sure it's clearly marked as UNPLAYABLE solo.

Be well!
Lt. Commander
# 5 A helping hand
06-02-2012, 03:27 PM
The mechanism for three cloned events on three cloned triggers is a sound work around, one I was planning on use of as a back up if I had to.

Thanks Fellow UGC Gentz, your help is much appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Multi-Player UGC
06-02-2012, 03:36 PM
I mostly design my UGC around a 5-man team. Single play with BoFF's is ok, if you like that sort of thing.
Due to the complexity and challenges that I am a fan of , I tend to lean towards that style. Preferring to have less text and more problem solving as the core of my authorship, 5-man UGC gets 5 -minds together to solve the riddles. If we could voice over it would make things simple to translate but create more work. I would vote +1 for voice overs if ever they really cared to ask.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-02-2012, 04:11 PM
The big thing that you have to worry about with Drogyn's way is forcing players to get stuck in the booth.

The way I'm thinking is that each booth has 2 very small area interactables. The first one traps you in and activates the 2nd and then the second with the one that you need to bring down that forcefield.

When all three are interacted with then you can have the walls fall.

Of course... this still doesn't make them all have to go off at the same time ala Infected ground. It just makes 3 people have to do their part and interact with an object.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Call it a hair brained idea... but I see a way you could make this work for both solo and multi-player. Since you have 4 members on your away team. The real trick would be to direct your members using the flags to stand in certain spots near the "switches". Then enclose each one in a booth with some easy to defeat animal like a targ. When all the targs die the booths and doors open. Pretty lame huh? :p