Lt. Commander
# 31
05-25-2012, 04:34 AM
I wouldn't be against reducing my dependency on duty officers. I don't think they are P2W since for the moment they can be obtained for free (with a fair amount of grinding). Some of that is changing though with stuff only available from lock boxes. They do create a further unstable force to PvP though.

I love doffing (it's shamefully addictive) but it would have been much easier to balance them if you couldn't stack any. Think of how much more easily you could adjust stats if you only had to worry about the effects of one rather than up to three. They could have even made a more complex system where you could only use one purple of a type, two blues, three greens or four whites of a single type to equal the same effect. I don't know, there are lots of ways doffs could be adjusted to add flavor without making them a necessity.

I wouldn't object to doffs being disabled in PvP or having matches where people controlled usage like other powers (this would be incredibly difficult to police for some). Still, I would prefer adjustments to the system itself.
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerritouru View Post
99% of my PVPs are with PUGs. And when I go against a premade, they use AMS, GP and the more annoying: lockboxes OP ships.
That's funny, I just versed a premade from your fleet, including yourself, and it was full of Antimatter Spread, Graviton Pulse (30 seconds of it ) and Vent Theta Radiation spam.

Awkward?

What's better is, we won.

I guess P2W doesn't always mean you win.

I'm proud to say that my PvP toon uses absolutely no P2W whatsoever.
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-03-2012, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquitaine985 View Post
But at the end of the day, there's nothing anyone can do here except talk about ways of bringing them down.
^This^

More threads on countering C-ships & Consoles
Less QQ
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-03-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
All this P2W whining is starting to get to me... and this is why:

P2W is bad, because it allows players with lots of RL money to be stronger. right?
P2W stuff is bought with c-points. right?
C-points can be bought with Dilithium, wich can be grinded by playing. right?

So then what's the problem? You can get the stuff without spending a $. Sure, those that want to spend $ gets it a little faster, but as long as it's not a new, even more OP, item every week, it doesn't really matter. The current c-store stuff has been there long enough to be grinded through Dilithium long ago.
the problem with p2w consoles is not if u can buy it or not, anyone can buy them with dilithium, the problem is that the most of them are gamebreaking. Some examples with a 5 players team:

- 5 klingons with plasmonic+aceton
- 5 feds with AMS

etc...

the complain here is not about gaining some advantage using money, the complain here is that those consoles totally break the balance of pvp matches.
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard88
the complain here is not about gaining some advantage using money, the complain here is that those consoles totally break the balance of pvp matches.
but still, when you accuse someone of P2W, you basically say he bought his victory, and would have lost had he not had his *** stuffed full of money... Accusing someone of using broken or unbalanced skills is different altogether, and I've always had it as a guidline that abilities should not be used, only when a dev admits it's not working as intended or is unbalanced.

If the game has **** abilities, and the devs say this is how it is supposed to be, it's not the fault of the person using said abilities. It's just a matter of STO not being as good a game as it could have been. IMO, whoever using them is not to blame.

That said, 5 persons coming togeter to take advantage of spamming such **** abilities against pugs who can not coordinate their builds, is extremely cheesy.
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
but still, when you accuse someone of P2W, you basically say he bought his victory, and would have lost had he not had his *** stuffed full of money... Accusing someone of using broken or unbalanced skills is different altogether, and I've always had it as a guidline that abilities should not be used, only when a dev admits it's not working as intended or is unbalanced.
one is consecuence of the other, and in the most of the cases if u remove the consoles of the p2w players, they don't kill nothing, because their builds depends on those consoles.
And who cares if the dev's admits or not if is broken/unbalanced, they are no the ones who play pvp dialiy, we are.

Quote:
If the game has **** abilities, and the devs say this is how it is supposed to be, it's not the fault of the person using said abilities. It's just a matter of STO not being as good a game as it could have been. IMO, whoever using them is not to blame.
ythe devs admitted that they never cared about pvp before, so probably they never looked into the balance issues of those consoles...so yes, is your fault, and i will blame you

I think this whole post is for justify yourself about the use of p2w consoles, if u don't want to get blamed, play fair and learn how to win without them (or at least without the ones who are gamebreaking, like aceton assimilator or ams)
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom

And I'm still shouting at Kai in vent when he uses his consoles unprovoked... I guess I should instead start encouraging him or even get some myself?
i mostly dont use the grav pulse when teamed... mostly lol i have a bad habbit of clicking any power on my tray that isnt on a cooldown. O

i only slot the ams and theta when its obscene on the other team.

i use my tachyon grid and auto defense turret regularly though.
Lt. Commander
# 38
06-04-2012, 12:48 AM
Quote:
one is consecuence of the other, and in the most of the cases if u remove the consoles of the p2w players, they don't kill nothing, because their builds depends on those consoles.
And who cares if the dev's admits or not if is broken/unbalanced, they are no the ones who play pvp dialiy, we are.
Well, if they removed a captain power like APA, or a boff power like CRF, that would also make you not win. That an ability can make your build successful doesn't make it OP or unbalanced. Before, consoles had only passive effects, now they are slottable abilities as well.

Quote:
Somewhere the line has to be drawn, and the closest thing to an impartial judge is Cryptic. The PSW3 killers will never agree that PSW3 is borked, any more than the FAW3 of past agreed that FAW was broken. On the other hand, there are people crying that CRF3 or DHCs are unbalanced. Only when the devs say something is "not as intended" it will become unethical to use it. The decision of what is wrong to use can not be left to the users.

Quote:
the devs admitted that they never cared about pvp before, so probably they never looked into the balance issues of those consoles...so yes, is your fault, and i will blame you
The devs admitted this? I never heard such a thing... Ofc they don't, but for them to admit it... Anyway, so YOU will be the judge of what is wrong to use or unbalanced? Or a group of the most vocal PvPers? I'm not comfortable with that....

Quote:
I think this whole post is for justify yourself about the use of p2w consoles, if u don't want to get blamed, play fair and learn how to win without them (or at least without the ones who are gamebreaking, like aceton assimilator or ams)
As I wrote in the OP, I do have some of these consoles, and I do feel bad about using them, not because I find them OP, but because I get P2W thrown at me. Who plays fair anyway? 95% of the players I face have some sort of C-point device that makes them stronger. Oddy, MVAM, consoles etc. The consoles are not the most unbalanced thing you get from the shop. You will yell "P2W n00b!" at anyone using something that wasn't in the game at launch? The game is changing, play is changing, and insulting players who adapt to the changes is nothing but griefing IMO. Cry to the devs about it, not those who use what they are given. When a dev says "this needs change", it's a different issue altogether. Then there is something wrong with the game, and only then it's not fair play to use it. If some random player says it, or some limited group, it holds no weight. Abilities that are annoying are unfortunately part of the game, but this is not the fault of whoever uses them.

Btw: AMS I don't have, and the assimilator I use only on my STF drain-build. The only console i use regularly in PvP is the leech. And sometimes the subspace jump.
Lt. Commander
# 39
06-04-2012, 05:33 AM
Someone has a lot of confidence in the people who brought us Voldy 1-9, the MACO shield bug, Jem Shield Doff bug, shield stacking, 100% disables, and the like, lol.

I would just point out that, two years of relative inaction aside, they did quite literally say that they could take or leave PvP. It's in the very first of the "weekly" updates.
Lt. Commander
# 40
06-04-2012, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Someone has a lot of confidence in the people who brought us Voldy 1-9, the MACO shield bug, Jem Shield Doff bug, shield stacking, 100% disables, and the like, lol.
QFT 123456789