Lt. Commander
This is something I've said for a very long time about this game.

Given limited content and a small secondary faction, there should be incentive for every Starfleet player to have a max level KDF alt. Given shortage of Klingon development, rather than wallow in content shortages, every Klingon player should feel it worthwhile to their Klingon main to have a max level Federation alt.

Not having either one should feel somehow incomplete.

A few ideas:

- Let people transfer C-Store consoles through the upcoming account bank.

- When someone hits max level as a Klingon, their Fed characters obtain the ability to wear baldrics from an NPC similar to the Mugato handler who says that they have impressed a high ranking Klingon. When someone hits max level as a Federation player, their KDF characters obtain the ability to wear Starfleet medals (from the dress uniform) from an NPC similar to the Mugato handler who says that they have impressed a high ranking Starfleet officer.

- Add EDC store unlocks for an Honor Guard defector (Klingon side store) or MACO defector (Starfleet side store). This unlocks the ability to create a human or Klingon with Honor Guard/MACO costume options and special species abilities for the opposing faction. HG defectors start with a Shard Sword of Kahless and MACO Defectors start with purple, scaling phaser rifle.

Any further thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-03-2012, 03:50 PM
This is a really cool idea really like the uniform idea, maybe also add the ability for Fed's if they have a max level KDF to use a KDF sash and KDF could get something from the Federation. I think the uniform idea would please most people because a lot of people have their mind set up on what end game gear they would use, but people change uniforms a lot more often I know I change mine and my crews out almost every 2 weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-04-2012, 12:46 AM
I would play my (several) KDF characters more if I could have a less headache-inducing UI. Red is a nice colour but too much red screen for too long means I need to get away from my screen for a while; this restricts the amount of time I'm able to actually play. By contrast the blue of the Fed side is fine and I can play for hours at a time if I so choose.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-04-2012, 05:28 AM
I think you should be able to unlock a cross faction uniform slot if you have a max level character in a respective faction, and you should be able to join a cross faction fleet, although that might require maximum deplomacy.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-04-2012, 05:32 AM
special doff missions would be a nice incentive as well.
Multiple accolades could be tied to having a max level character, and to getting the faction specific accolades on two toons. This would ensure that people get rewarded on their main, even after reaching lvl 50 through doff missions on either side.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-04-2012, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
This is something I've said for a very long time about this game.

Given limited content and a small secondary faction, there should be incentive for every Starfleet player to have a max level KDF alt. Given shortage of Klingon development, rather than wallow in content shortages, every Klingon player should feel it worthwhile to their Klingon main to have a max level Federation alt.

Not having either one should feel somehow incomplete.

A few ideas:

- Let people transfer C-Store consoles through the upcoming account bank.

- When someone hits max level as a Klingon, their Fed characters obtain the ability to wear baldrics from an NPC similar to the Mugato handler who says that they have impressed a high ranking Klingon. When someone hits max level as a Federation player, their KDF characters obtain the ability to wear Starfleet medals (from the dress uniform) from an NPC similar to the Mugato handler who says that they have impressed a high ranking Starfleet officer.

- Add EDC store unlocks for an Honor Guard defector (Klingon side store) or MACO defector (Starfleet side store). This unlocks the ability to create a human or Klingon with Honor Guard/MACO costume options and special species abilities for the opposing faction. HG defectors start with a Shard Sword of Kahless and MACO Defectors start with purple, scaling phaser rifle.

Any further thoughts?
I like this idea, it also gives more incentives for players to buy ships on both sides (as opposed to now, where if you have 5 feds you might never buy a KDF ship).
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-04-2012, 06:15 AM
Hm, it kind of my reminds me of the DLCs for Dragon Age where you play a separate campaign and upon finishing it get a special item reward in the main game. It was even motivation enough to play a darkspawn and kill everything. So yeah, I'm definitely in favour of something like that, there could be tons of incentives like special crafting recipes, uniform pieces, bridge officers, weapons.....
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-04-2012, 10:30 AM
I've been thinking about this, too... here are a few of my ideas:

KDF/Federation "Defection" Tokens - You would earn one of these each time your KDF (or Federation) character earns a promotion, much like captain retrain tokens. What they would allow you to do is "convert" one KDF BOff or DOff to a Federation, or vice-versa. Cryptic doesn't have to change much or create any special characters; just go find the one you want on the exchange and use your token.

Bundle some of the same tier C-Store ships so that the KDF ship is much less expensive. An example might be the Captain-Level Galaxy & Vor'cha refits. Both are 1,200 CP, which really discourages players (IMO) from buying both. Why not have a "buy one, get half off" bundle for 1800 CP? Or better yet, for low-level ships (e.g. To'Duj/Peregrine), just give us both when we buy one. Along those same lines, there shouldd be a Caitian/Ferasian bundle.

Make the C-Stere single-account servies purchases into single account per faction purchases. For example, when you upgrade your DOff capacity, instead of selecting one character, you would be able to select one Fed and one KDF to increase capacity. Same for bank/inventory increases, etc.

Introduce some canon NON-LOCKBOX ships that would be faction-neutral, and thus account-wide unlocks. A good example might be the Darmok-Class from the TNG episode (don't remember the name) with "Darmok & Jalad at Tinagra." A C-Store purchase would unlock it across both factions.

Have special end-game content unlocks for veterans of both factions. Something along the lines of a costume or a special peice of equipment, unlocked once you complete a certain number of STFs for each side. For example, 20 STF completions by one of your KDF and 20 by one of your Feds might unlock a special uniform option, simliar to the MACO or Honor Gaurd. 50 might unlock a new rifle that is a cross between the phaser battle rife and the Klingon pulsewave rifle. 100 might allow you to choose a ship skin that looks like the opposing faction; the greenish metal for the Fed ships, or the sleek white look for KDF.

-The cross-faction uniform I definitely agree with as well.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurahana9 View Post
I would play my (several) KDF characters more if I could have a less headache-inducing UI. Red is a nice colour but too much red screen for too long means I need to get away from my screen for a while; this restricts the amount of time I'm able to actually play. By contrast the blue of the Fed side is fine and I can play for hours at a time if I so choose.
How many C-Store points would it take to get the option to use a grey, faction neutral UI? I can deal with the blue. It's not my favorite color but it doesn't hurt my head. The red is horrible. I agree it looks great. It has a real KDF feel to it. I just can't look at it long enough to be worth it. It got better with time, but I have to take many more breaks now then when I was on my Fed. Fedside I could sit and play for hours and forget I was doing it. KDF I have to stop fairly often and give my eyes a rest.