Lt. Commander
# 11
06-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpenfold
Can you tell me stipends are thank you.
Stipend are a bonus amount of CP granted to Gold members.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Its 6/4 and I dont remember getting a stipend for May.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLB82 View Post
I haven't noticed mine showing up either...
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
Mine is AWOL too
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipplor View Post
no stipend here either

Surely this isn't a coincidence, Rehpic? :p
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Got my May stipend and I should be getting my June one sometime in the next 24 hours.

BTW: WB - T.G.N...

YWSM
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Got my May stipend, np.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick0
Surely this isn't a coincidence, Rephic? :p
It is not a coincidence. It is evidence that people generally do not pay as close attention to their balances as they think they do.

We saw this a lot with the auction house. People would buy an expensive item and then log out for the night. Overnight one of their auctions would complete, automatically adding the sale price to their EC balance. The next day they log back in and see the email that their item had sold, but also see that they had less money than expected because they forgot they had bought the expensive item the night before. They would then submit a customer support ticket saying that they had not been paid for their auction item. I have investigated many of these support tickets since the launch of the game, and every one has turned out the same. The player got paid and just didn't remember what their balance was.

This is one reason why the Dilithium exchange requires you to explicitly withdraw your currency before it gets added to your normal balance and is available to spend. Having the extra manual step of claiming the money makes it a lot easier to remember than having the money just magically show up in your balance.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
It is not a coincidence. It is evidence that people generally do not pay as close attention to their balances as they think they do.

We saw this a lot with the auction house. People would buy an expensive item and then log out for the night. Overnight one of their auctions would complete, automatically adding the sale price to their EC balance. The next day they log back in and see the email that their item had sold, but also see that they had less money than expected because they forgot they had bought the expensive item the night before. They would then submit a customer support ticket saying that they had not been paid for their auction item. I have investigated many of these support tickets since the launch of the game, and every one has turned out the same. The player got paid and just didn't remember what their balance was.

This is one reason why the Dilithium exchange requires you to explicitly withdraw your currency before it gets added to your normal balance and is available to spend. Having the extra manual step of claiming the money makes it a lot easier to remember than having the money just magically show up in your balance.
Wouldn't an email fired off to the player, kinda-sorta solve this problem?
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic

I admit my mistake here. When you have several thousand CPs and you are trading DL for more on a daily basis, it is easy to lose track of the exact numbers. That said, would it really be so hard to have a person's billing date show up on their account so they know the exact date every month?
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-04-2012, 05:14 PM
I ended up using an online date calculator to figure out mine, the 29th, now burned permanently into my brain as the 5th most important date in my life.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Wouldn't an email fired off to the player, kinda-sorta solve this problem?
I agree with this one. Whether an in-game PM or real email, at least it would represent a record of the receipt of the stipend.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzalodi View Post
I ended up using an online date calculator to figure out mine, the 29th, now burned permanently into my brain as the 5th most important date in my life.
I used one too. it gave me a date of the 17th. I got my June stipend today....