Lt. Commander
# 1 Isometric Charge
06-04-2012, 10:05 PM
This is pretty broken:

deals 57727 (84748) Electrical Damage(Critical) to you with Isometric Charge.

6 Starship Hull Plating, 6 Starship Armor Reinforcements

Seriously, that with the ludicrous burst coming out of the PSW bops anyways needs to get addressed. We're talking 130,000+ burst potential with 2 buttons that is usually accompanied by a 5 second stun (time to toss in a tricobalt to make it 150?), one of which is a console.

Here's an idea (I'm sure this will get flamed by klingons but who cares): how about we put AMS and Isometric Charge in the next boxes?.. I'll buy that..

Since you guys complain about AMS so much and all...
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-04-2012, 10:12 PM
First off.. That is a FULLY TAC BUFFED Isometric Charge. It's the only way to get it to do that kind of damage short of 5 man Debuffs from Sci/Beta/Delta stacking.

Second, It looks more like a 4th shot in the chain, which is an AOE burst. And it's hard to get that 4th shot to hit things predictibly as far as I have seen.

Now if people were getting 4 Shot chains STARTING with 50k and going up from there, then I might be in agreement. And that is saying Starting, as in, Not Tac Buffed and you not being Resist Debuffed.

The way it is now, how ever, it's not as OP and annoying as AMS that can be chained off Scramble at least once every 15 seconds or so..
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-05-2012, 05:30 AM
I miss the old Tricobalts.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-05-2012, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
First off.. That is a FULLY TAC BUFFED Isometric Charge. It's the only way to get it to do that kind of damage short of 5 man Debuffs from Sci/Beta/Delta stacking.

Second, It looks more like a 4th shot in the chain, which is an AOE burst. And it's hard to get that 4th shot to hit things predictibly as far as I have seen.

Now if people were getting 4 Shot chains STARTING with 50k and going up from there, then I might be in agreement. And that is saying Starting, as in, Not Tac Buffed and you not being Resist Debuffed.

The way it is now, how ever, it's not as OP and annoying as AMS that can be chained off Scramble at least once every 15 seconds or so..
Go do more KvK (lol I know it doesn't exist) and see how much you enjoy getting randomly one shotted, just because the person using Iso happened to be a tac and decided to buff himself.

Its also fully random as all heck, so theres nothing to really do about it. They show up (cloaked), buff (while cloaked), uncloak and let the iso charge loose. What can you do besides go "ohwell someones dying because they used Iso, sucks for them, hopefully its not me, totally not worthy of a nerf".
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-05-2012, 06:03 AM
Quote:
I miss the old Tricobalts.
How, they didn't even have a defense bonus?
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-05-2012, 06:09 AM
Maybe you should use it and see just how often you get those numbers.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-05-2012, 06:21 AM
i use it all the time ive only gotten that high like once fully buffed. Normally fully buffed on the last hit its around 35-50k, if that
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-05-2012, 06:21 AM
I've been hit by it and have hit many with it, I don't think I've yet to be hit that hard with it nor have I hit anyone that hard with it. It's anything but OP, it may occasionally throw out a big wad of damage but so do my torps on bare hull and my torps are more consistent with damage. Guess their OP too. I would, however, like to see Iso Charge in the next cross faction box to add to my anti carrier tactics.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-05-2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicshower
i use it all the time ive only gotten that high like once fully buffed. Normally fully buffed on the last hit its around 35-50k, if that
Are you stacking/skilled in partical generators I hear that helps.

Its electric damage, its not resisted (though it does get reduced some, but nothing like kinetic or a standard energy type).
Its easy to buff to all heck.

Some good uses I've seen of Iso Charge include firing it into a friendly GW, it will likely get its first few bounces off pets and such before its big hit of doom.
If someone is dumb enough to launch/use a boarding party, just Iso Charge the lead shuttle and watch the guy who launched them get pwnt by the hand of zeus.
Drop it in the "fedball" and enjoy, realistically I think this is actually its intended use, punishing the fedball.

Mostly all they should really do is change the damage type to something resistable in a more realistic fashion.
Theres no reason to have a power ingame that can literally one shot a person, it just shouldn't exist.
"but it doesn't happen often" IT SHOULDN'T HAPPEN AT ALL.

Also technically the Iso Charge can jump outside of weapon range. Meaning you drop it on an enemy at about 9k away, it justs to another enemy about 13-14k away from you, and it can continue to jump farther and farther away. Getting randomly hit by the final hit of Iso Charge when you are literally 20k+ away from the person who used it is pretty darn dumb.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-05-2012, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelev
Are you stacking/skilled in partical generators I hear that helps.

Its electric damage, its not resisted (though it does get reduced some, but nothing like kinetic or a standard energy type).
Its easy to buff to all heck.

Some good uses I've seen of Iso Charge include firing it into a friendly GW, it will likely get its first few bounces off pets and such before its big hit of doom.
If someone is dumb enough to launch/use a boarding party, just Iso Charge the lead shuttle and watch the guy who launched them get pwnt by the hand of zeus.
Drop it in the "fedball" and enjoy, realistically I think this is actually its intended use, punishing the fedball.

Mostly all they should really do is change the damage type to something resistable in a more realistic fashion.
Theres no reason to have a power ingame that can literally one shot a person, it just shouldn't exist.
"but it doesn't happen often" IT SHOULDN'T HAPPEN AT ALL.

Also technically the Iso Charge can jump outside of weapon range. Meaning you drop it on an enemy at about 9k away, it justs to another enemy about 13-14k away from you, and it can continue to jump farther and farther away. Getting randomly hit by the final hit of Iso Charge when you are literally 20k+ away from the person who used it is pretty darn dumb.
Yeah im heavy into particle generators. I like to save my ISO for fed balls thats where it shines