Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Intended aside, the speed bonus factor is warped.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva
Seriously, 1M EC won't do much for you in STFs (I guess even less in PvP, but can't really say, don't play it). It has been shown the key there is the team, not the equipment (completion in shuttles and whatnot), but I digress.

If for whatever reason you need DI/RP at a specific time, ask for it. From what I experience, this game hasn't yet become such an unfriendly territory where you couln't get a little help from someone.

And I'm gonna repeat myself, but that feels very Trekky, not to mention you use diplomacy. You have something to offer, you need something, and in the end, you both benefit from it.

I really see nothing wrong with its current functionality.
I'm guessing you haven't spent ten minutes asking for Diplomatic Immunity. Or been in a situation where you just realized the Tour starts in two minutes.
And that does add up if you figure the effect is longer than just one day. 400,000 ec a day over 100 days, 500 days, 1000 days. Huge numbers.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-04-2012, 04:06 PM
I actually do think he's making a good point. Maybe it isn't "broken" in the sense that it doesn't work, but the way it works now it doesn't so much encourage social interaction as it encourages people to form cliques. And that's creating a wealth discrepancy.

I find it kind of funny, actually, for people to insist on relying on the goodwill of the community. Putting aside that you only have to spend five minutes in the forums to see how that pans out on average, the way you guys have been condescending on him right here on this thread rather proves the point that he's making about how reliable that is.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-04-2012, 04:15 PM
@rodneywollam:

Well, no indeed. As I already stated, I almost permanently have DI/RP just thanks to the good will of others. And since I never needed it, I never had to ask for it, anyway.

Hmm, thinking about the "Tour the universe" thing, there's actually no challenge to it at all. Maybe you could see getting this speed bonus for it as the "hard work" you're awarded ECs afterwards. Well, I only played that thing once, don't see a point in flying in sector space for a whole hour. I consider it a waste of that hour. Maybe that's the reason why I don't agree with you. For me, DI/RP is just a pleasant bonus to my playing, and as that, it works just fine.

Sidenote, the only items worth something on the exchange (lockbox ships) cost in the many dozens of millions of ECs, and for those, you'd still need to grind for weeks. Wish you nice time doing nothing than clicking on "Warp".
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva
@rodneywollam:

Well, no indeed. As I already stated, I almost permanently have DI/RP just thanks to the good will of others. And since I never needed it, I never had to ask for it, anyway.

Hmm, thinking about the "Tour the universe" thing, there's actually no challenge to it at all. Maybe you could see getting this speed bonus for it as the "hard work" you're awarded ECs afterwards. Well, I only played that thing once, don't see a point in flying in sector space for a whole hour. I consider it a waste of that hour. Maybe that's the reason why I don't agree with you. For me, DI/RP is just a pleasant bonus to my playing, and as that, it works just fine.

Sidenote, the only items worth something on the exchange (lockbox ships) cost in the many dozens of millions of ECs, and for those, you'd still need to grind for weeks. Wish you nice time doing nothing than clicking on "Warp".
This is typical of the responses you get in zone chat when asking questions like "Could anyone tag me with Diplomatic Immunity?".
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Interesting, and I guess you're saying those people don't give you DI. Well, I do.

The only other counsel I can give you is not counting on having DI/RP during your circling around the universe (if you really have to do that). Then at least you might be pleasantly surprised when someone gives it to you.

Happy playing.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-05-2012, 11:01 AM
high driver coil skill + MACO engines + Odyssey = Very very fast very very often.

Edit: also, the diplomacy stuff, like DI/Transwarps and such came out before the duty officer system, so if you want to yell at someone for it being "broken" this really isnt the place for it.