Lt. Commander
# 21
06-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
The "evidence" presented is self serving and incomplete.
No, you just refuse to acknowledge the numbers.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Tricobalt torpedoes need a nerf. They do entirely too much damage to the target upon detonation.
Here is an example from sonicshower's "signange"

[Combat (Self)] Your High Yield Tricobalt Explosion I deals 80811 (89518) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Logimo.

Look at the numbers!!!! LOOOOOOOOK!!!!!!!!!

Thank Kahless its only when somebody buffs them , times it well and gets a lucky crit, much like the Isometric Charge, PSW, BO, TBR, FBP or any other lucky, fully buffed attack from a tactical toon.

Now if players where doing this sort of damage all the time, we may have an issue.

hELL, i'M GOING TO BUY ONE NOW!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitre
No, you just refuse to acknowledge the numbers.
Get a hundred samples under a variety of conditions, and then we'll talk.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Get a hundred samples under a variety of conditions, and then we'll talk.
i DON'T CARE. i'M GONNA BUY TWELVE!!! FIll up every console slot I have on my BortasQu and keep two for spares. I shall rule PVP!!! Rule I tell you!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHa!!!!

I'll run it right behind my tac buffed TBR, follow up it with a tac buffed FBR, throw a Tricobalt torp into the mix, Cloak and decloak quickly, press my OP Iwin pawn button and rule!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Tricobalt torpedoes need a nerf. They do entirely too much damage to the target upon detonation.

[Combat (Self)] Your High Yield Tricobalt Explosion I deals 80811 (89518) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Logimo.

Thank Kahless its only when somebody buffs them , times it well and gets a lucky crit, much like the Isometric Charge, PSW, BO, TBR, FBP or any other lucky, fully buffed attack from a tactical toon.

Now if players where doing this sort of damage all the time, we may have an issue.

Hey bro, why don't you learn game mechanics and realize that the Iso Charge BYPASSES SHIELDS and can't be resisted or countered in any way.

Thats the deal with Iso Charge, it will randomly "sometimes" just go "oops you die now" and there isn't a damn thing ANYONE can do about it.
You can't shoot the big slow HY torp coming your way, you can't stack resists, you can't make sure to keep up a shield/facing... NOTHING can be done to better your odds of surviving the "death touch" of that "lucky" Iso Charge.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
i DON'T CARE. i'M GONNA BUY TWELVE!!! FIll up every console slot I have on my BortasQu and keep two for spares. I shall rule PVP!!! Rule I tell you!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHa!!!!

I'll run it right behind my tac buffed TBR, follow up it with a tac buffed FBR, throw a Tricobalt torp into the mix, Cloak and decloak quickly, press my OP Iwin pawn button and rule!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Go Roach!
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-05-2012, 11:50 AM
oUCH, NOW i GOT A HEADACHE. No more 4th cup of coffee in the morning........

Random oops you die. Sounds like a lucky crit hit to me, backed by a lot of pre-buffing.
Something that happens from time to time.
Slap the Iso on a non-tac toon vessels and tell me what it does to the target.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-05-2012, 11:52 AM
I got killed by it.. now nerf it.

Get over it feds. How long has this thing been out and how few have cried over it? *raspberries* :-P

Get rid or your little auto turret and we get rid of our ISO charge. ( which I have bought and rarely use because to me it is a waste of a console space )
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post

Get over it feds. How long has this thing been out and how few have cried over it? *raspberries* :-P

Get rid or your little auto turret and we get rid of our ISO charge. ( which I have bought and rarely use because to me it is a waste of a console space )
Just make both available by cash box, then. Shouldn't make a difference to you.

Quote:

Off topic. This discussion is about isometric.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post

I don't give to ****s about what kills me, ISOMETERIC CHARGE HAS NEVER ONE SHOTTED ME PERSONALLY.

The issue is one of balance, its a simple fact that fully buffed an Iso Charge can take a VA tier ship from full to dead, INSTANTLY. No need for a downed facing, no need for shield damage period. No way to resist it or reduce the damage.
You simply go "hooray I'm fully alive!" to "lulz I died" without ONE DAMN THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

How does that compare to the PDS which even in the worst case scenario (which doesn't exist) could one shot you from full shields/hull. Well for starters you could stack resists, try to RSP it (since its a multi-hit attack), try to make sure you are running EPTS, use BFI+doffs... The list goes one. There are plenty of ways to combat the "potential threat" of a super broken PDS... which by the way DOESN'T EVEN EXIST! But if for some reason it did, YOU COULD FIGHT IT, unlike Iso Charge.

Iso Charge is super random and most of the time its just "lol that tickles" or "stupid charge bypassing shields D: ". Though when fully buffed it has the potential to ONE SHOT a ship full to dead in an instant. WITH NO WAY TO PREVENT IT.

THIS IT THE ONLY PLAYER ABILITY IN THE GAME CAPABLE OF THIS.

How can you argue that being able to one shot things, even if rarely, is balanced?