# 11
06-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Hey I understood him too.

And I wasn't drunk! (It's not Friday)
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Here's an idea for Starbase Defense PvP:

A team of KDF players queue for an attack on a Fed fleet's Starbase. All members of the fleet that are online get the following message: "A KDF force is preparing to attack your starbase! Go to defend it?" They have to queue for the battle as well. Once everybody on both teams who wants to participate is ready and willing, they're whisked away to the starbase where chaos ensues.

The odds will be shown before the battle begins, so everyone will be fully aware of what they're potentially getting into before it starts. What do you think?
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-05-2012, 07:40 PM
As much as I hate agreeing with Mimi, he's right, this was a golden opportunity for PVP to have some stake in Starbases. It would "force" fleets to consider doing the attacks/defences in roder to gain more of the magic merits to further build it. At least give fleets the option to attack others who wish to be attacked - give fleets the option = you accept the terms of PVP thereby allowing you to raid others fleets, but also the possibility to be raided in return.

If you dont like the idea, don't click the PVP option, then both parties are happy.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-05-2012, 08:15 PM
From Heretic:

Quote:
This is something I would like to call some attention to, actually. We had really hoped to be able to include PvP starbase offenses/defenses at launch, and even though we didn't have the time to do this, the design is built to accommodate it relatively seamlessly.

We're still looking at what can be done, but we have been investigating the possibility a number of ideas such as attackers and defenders putting up Dilithium or Fleet Marks in potentially asymmetrical bets for PvP matches. For example, Fleet A knows it's worse than Fleet B, but will accept a 3:1 Dilithium or Fleet Mark bet with Fleet B in return for accepting the challenge. Offensive-only operational assets, for example, might open up an entirely new type of operational asset that could be provisioned for. Perhaps you start with a space battle and if the attackers do well enough it turns into a boarding action on the starbase interior itself.

All of this is entirely theoretical and under discussion, but I wanted to make sure people knew PvP was definitely not forgotten in this design.
Link to Info: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=144
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-05-2012, 08:17 PM
So it will be easy to implement in the future. Good enough for me
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Well, it's not like a promise or anything, but they will be looking into it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
couldnt be asked to add it in, pve to start (and forever?) yay under siege season 6 all pvp eh? lol. NO pvp....

even fanbois like me see dirty rotten tricks all over this one
ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz........
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-06-2012, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shelby-Sensation
I am amazed, how did u decipher that?
I understood that as well, and I usually have trouble understanding EmoJoe. (Though It hink I usually cut through everything, it just takes some extra effort).

Mustrum "And I don't drink" Ridcully
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-06-2012, 03:14 AM
A lack of PVP links to Starbases will be disappointing to me.

Especially when I've seen something similar in a previous former Cryptic game..

Where one Guild/Fleet/what ever could challange the other and have Raids against the opposing groups Defenses, damaging different things on the way. Causing problems with the ability to Craft things or create items and objects for that group. I could see this application being useful here in STO.. depending on if they let Groups actually design the inside of their Starbases, and maybe even light external customization in the form of Weapon Placements, shield Generators, and the like.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-06-2012, 06:28 AM
Starbases launching without pvp? You tought they would? Really?

Ok, I know the devs have hinted on starbase pvp earlier... but assumed that was just a joke. A joke in bad taste, and at the expense of the pvp community, but still a joke. Nothing to be taken seriously!

If you wait for something new to PvP, I say wait 2-3 months. Then Goz will unleash a huge patch on us, and pvp will never be the same. (Unless they pull him off pvp before he can finish)